Moon Birds - including soprano - have landed at HMS

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
I didn't know that there was a soprano Moon Bird, but HMS now has one, along with a couple concerts and tenors.

I think there are some people here who have been interested in them, so I thought I'd pass that along. They are a fun, well built ukulele.

Damn those tenors went quick! I want a concert SO BADLY... Just finishing up my Clara payments before it ships, while I’m giving myself a stern UAS talking to.

Ha ha, I'd love to own a concert scale Moon Bird too!

Damn those tenors went quick! I want a concert SO BADLY... Just finishing up my Clara payments before it ships, while I’m giving myself a stern UAS talking to.
I love my Moon Bird to pieces, but my new Clara that came last week is pretty sweet. You’ll love it & it should help with your UAS......for awhile.

Nobody is commenting on the soprano moon bird? I’m like omg what is that chubby little cute thing Corey is holding. Okay I’m a soprano guy btw.

Nobody is commenting on the soprano moon bird? I’m like omg what is that chubby little cute thing Corey is holding. Okay I’m a soprano guy btw.

I thought it was very cute & sounds great. Like you, I'm surprised no one is commenting on it. Maybe they're all too busy figuring out how to buy it. :)

I kind of regret selling my Moon Birds, especially the concert. Almost tempted to get another one, but I don't have enough time to play my current ukes as it is.

Last edited:
I kind of regret selling my Moon Birds, especially the concert. Almost tempted to get another one, but I don't have enough time to play my current ukes as it is.

...especially with your 3 K ukes. You will never have enough time to play those three, no matter how many hours you put in.

Haha, caught my interest because I'm all about the sopranos, but oddly I see the Moon Bird as something you'd get in a tenor size. But then I'm not a tenor guy so what do I know? :p

George Elmes plays a Koa Anuenue and a Moon Bird Soprano....you can check that out. Awesome player.
Also I think the ZT Ukuleles look as good or better, but I can not vouch for the quality of sound.

I thought it was very cute & sounds great. Like you, I'm surprised no one is commenting on it. Maybe they're all too busy figuring out how to buy it. :)
I guess you are right! hope someone in UU bought it and we have a NUD on it.

Haha, caught my interest because I'm all about the sopranos, but oddly I see the Moon Bird as something you'd get in a tenor size. But then I'm not a tenor guy so what do I know? :p
I thought so too on the moon bird shape is like meant for tenor but the soprano moon bird with a big fat bottom just intrigued me a lot. I imagine the bass will be more full with that shape.

The soprano sound sample has it sounding great as a fingerpicking soprano. The "bigger and warmer" sound description seems accurate.

Site now down to one concert and the soprano. Act now or be sad.

Unfortunately I in no position to get this little guy. haha. Hope someone here can get it.

If the soprano is anything like the concert, it will have a very well-rounded sound to it. That "fat bottom" shape gives it a lot of depth. The sample on HMS sounds great.

Unfortunately I in no position to get this little guy. haha. Hope someone here can get it.

Haha, it's more than double the cost of the uke I really want right now (Ken Timms) and I'm not getting that one either, so I'll pass too. I'll just have to settle for the Anuenue with the Rabbit soundhole to go with my profile pic. :p

Haha, it's more than double the cost of the uke I really want right now (Ken Timms) and I'm not getting that one either, so I'll pass too. I'll just have to settle for the Anuenue with the Rabbit soundhole to go with my profile pic. :p

Do get it. It seems really well made, that sopraninonimos whatever size at 17” only!
http://www.anuenue-uke.com/en/products/seri/6

Top Bottom