Venturing into Outdoor Ukulele

YogiTom

Reaction score
Decided I needed a ukulele that I wouldn’t be worried about taking out into the world on a regular basis, and after a lot of researching and sound samples I decided on a Carbon Black tenor from Outdoor Ukulele.

I’ve added a strap button on the end, and asked for it to be strung with a low G string, but otherwise no extra appointments.

I’ll post a NUD when it arrives, but I’m pretty excited to bring it camping this July in the sweltering Napa Valley heat. :shaka:

Awesome! I bought my son a blue soprano that is a great instrument. I find myself grabbing it occasionally over my more expensive wood ukes.

If it sounds anywhere near the sound sample provided on their website then the sound is surprisingly good! hope you enjoy it, keep us updated if you are happy with it!

Good for you! Have a lot of fun with it.

Taking mine camping this weekend to the mountains of West Virginia.

Attachments

• 12065638_10208038180772160_7567942202510805608_n.jpg
    12065638_10208038180772160_7567942202510805608_n.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Decided I needed a ukulele that I wouldn’t be worried about taking out into the world on a regular basis, and after a lot of researching and sound samples I decided on a Carbon Black tenor from Outdoor Ukulele.

I’ve added a strap button on the end, and asked for it to be strung with a low G string, but otherwise no extra appointments.

I’ll post a NUD when it arrives, but I’m pretty excited to bring it camping this July in the sweltering Napa Valley heat. :shaka:

I live in Washington wine country and left my Flight in the sun for a couple of hours last summer. The uke was fine, but the strings had to be tuned up about four steps.

Good for you! Have a lot of fun with it.

Taking mine camping this weekend to the mountains of West Virginia.

Oh, man. How could you resist "Take Me Home, Country Roads"? A cliché for sure, but one for a reason.

Oh, man. How could you resist "Take Me Home, Country Roads"? A cliché for sure, but one for a reason.

I’ll try to learn it for the NUD post. :)

Btw, does anyone have a recommendation for a tenor-sized, plush interior gig bag that I can throw this in? I know I could just toss it in the trunk and go, but I’d like to have something to at least keep the strings safe from rubbing on other things. I also don’t have a no-frills gig bag in the tenor size, anyway, so it would probably serve double duty for some wood ukes as well (hence wanting plush liner).

That's a very nice uke. We have one or two in our club.

I live in west Texas. Regularly hits 110F during the summer. Outdoor Uke hangs out in my car sometimes. Have to retune a lot, but no issues otherwise.

Btw, does anyone have a recommendation for a tenor-sized, plush interior gig bag that I can throw this in?
Not directly, but I had mine indoors for a string swap and snapped some pics of what I use. I've heard others say that they had trouble fitting the Outdoor into some gig bags. It fits my CrossRock tenor hardcase beautifully, but requires some stretching (of the gig-bag not the ukulele) to fit into my super-cheap (came free with another ukulele) Lanikai tenor gig bag. That bag is good enough to keep the dust off and is where I usually keep the Outdoor in my back seat, but it's not plush and wouldn't provide much protection for an instrument I was concerned about damaging.

Hardcase: IMG_0543.jpg
Gigbag (open - tight fit): IMG_0544.jpg
Gigbag (closed - works): IMG_0545.jpg

Top Bottom