Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Padded gig bag for LN soprano

Default Padded gig bag for LN soprano

I have a great Crossrock hard case for my KoAloha longneck soprano. It almost, but not quite, fits in a Gator soprano padded soft case that I already have. Does anyone have a padded gig bag that fits a long neck soprano. I have concert gig bags, but they are too big. Are there models of Gator bags that run big?
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    KoAloha Special Issue longneck soprano - Port Orford Cedar & Koa - circa 2015
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood -2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019

I would always go with a hard case, they give so much more protection and in locations where there are extremes of temperature and humidity they offer far better control of humidity.
    Col.
    From the UK with a bad case of MIAS.
    Korg PA700, Korg Kross 2, Gibson LP, Fender Jazz Bass,
    + Amps, PA, Boss GT100, mixer.
    Ukes - Kala KA-TEME and Risa ST electric solid body.
    Uke wish list, a Bass, make and model yet to be determined

My two long neck sopranos, (Kala KA-SLNG & Ohana SK30M), fit into soprano gig bags, it's a tight fit but no harm has come to them, over the past couple of years or so.

(Mine came from The Southern Ukulele Store, their own brand.)
    Last edited by Croaky Keith; 05-10-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Col50 View Post
    I would always go with a hard case, they give so much more protection and in locations where there are extremes of temperature and humidity they offer far better control of humidity.
    Yes, I have a Crossrock hard case that the ukulele stays in with a humidifier. I’m looking for a padded soft gig bag to use when taking this uke to jams, etc.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006
    KoAloha Special Issue longneck soprano - Port Orford Cedar & Koa - circa 2015
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood -2018
    Blackbird Clara - 2019

For low budget, I love my Kaces soprano gig bag. Well padded, inexpensive, big extra pocket, shoulder strap, and my concert Flea fits nicely, as would a LN soprano.

20190510_202809.jpg
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 05-10-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    John

Check out a Pro Tec Gold Series ukulele bag as they have a little extra room above the head stock. I have the tenor Pro Tec and it has an extra 3 inches above the head stock, so plenty of room to leave a clip on tuner installed, etc. Plus, it's a really nice bag: well made, soft inside and dense foam (almost like a polyfoam case but more flexa).

The soprano version looks like it has extra room, at lease in the Amazon product photos:

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tec-CF216...sr=1-4-catcorr

PM sent as I have one.
    Kamaka pineapple soprano gold label - 1950s
    Kamaka custom soprano, gold label. 1960s?
    Kamaka tenor - 2002
    Koaloha Opio long neck soprano. 2016
    Braddah, Mele, concert 1997
    Braddah, Mele, tenor late 1990s
    Bruko #6 soprano, flat back, pre 1980
    Gretsch NYC - old and beat up camp ukulele - fixed up as a player.
    Luna tenor - laminate and to use as a loaner.

Quote Originally Posted by gochugogi View Post
    Check out a Pro Tec Gold Series ukulele bag as they have a little extra room above the head stock. I have the tenor Pro Tec and it has an extra 3 inches above the head stock, so plenty of room to leave a clip on tuner installed, etc. Plus, it's a really nice bag: well made, soft inside and dense foam (almost like a polyfoam case but more flexa).

The soprano version looks like it has extra room, at lease in the Amazon product photos:

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tec-CF216...sr=1-4-catcorr
    This. I’ve been eyeing a ProTec for my gig bag needs, and will likely be pulling the trigger soon. My Ohana LN barely fits into the gig bag that came with my wife’s Rebel, and that needs to change ASAP.

What appeals to me about them is that they also make small padded inserts that Velcro in on one side and can be positioned to fill gaps around the body as needed.

Just curious, but what is the overall length of the KoAloha?
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

Roadrunner Avenue RR1SUKE gig bag should do it. The internal dimension listed is 23.30", I just measured two of my SS ukes and they are both just under 23". I have the concert model and it fits a super concert, these are a good quality bag, not some thin little cheap thing. Checked ebay and they sell for $45.00.
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 05-10-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Fremont/Steady soprano gig bags are nice and fit the LN soprano I briefly owned.

Thread Information