Padded gig bag for LN soprano

RafterGirl

Reaction score
I have a great Crossrock hard case for my KoAloha longneck soprano. It almost, but not quite, fits in a Gator soprano padded soft case that I already have. Does anyone have a padded gig bag that fits a long neck soprano. I have concert gig bags, but they are too big. Are there models of Gator bags that run big?

I would always go with a hard case, they give so much more protection and in locations where there are extremes of temperature and humidity they offer far better control of humidity.

My two long neck sopranos, (Kala KA-SLNG & Ohana SK30M), fit into soprano gig bags, it's a tight fit but no harm has come to them, over the past couple of years or so. :)

(Mine came from The Southern Ukulele Store, their own brand.)

Last edited:
I would always go with a hard case, they give so much more protection and in locations where there are extremes of temperature and humidity they offer far better control of humidity.
Yes, I have a Crossrock hard case that the ukulele stays in with a humidifier. I’m looking for a padded soft gig bag to use when taking this uke to jams, etc.

Check out a Pro Tec Gold Series ukulele bag as they have a little extra room above the head stock. I have the tenor Pro Tec and it has an extra 3 inches above the head stock, so plenty of room to leave a clip on tuner installed, etc. Plus, it's a really nice bag: well made, soft inside and dense foam (almost like a polyfoam case but more flexa).

The soprano version looks like it has extra room, at lease in the Amazon product photos:

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tec-CF21...57536554&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-4-catcorr

PM sent as I have one.

Check out a Pro Tec Gold Series ukulele bag as they have a little extra room above the head stock. I have the tenor Pro Tec and it has an extra 3 inches above the head stock, so plenty of room to leave a clip on tuner installed, etc. Plus, it's a really nice bag: well made, soft inside and dense foam (almost like a polyfoam case but more flexa).

The soprano version looks like it has extra room, at lease in the Amazon product photos:

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tec-CF21...57536554&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-4-catcorr

This. I’ve been eyeing a ProTec for my gig bag needs, and will likely be pulling the trigger soon. My Ohana LN barely fits into the gig bag that came with my wife’s Rebel, and that needs to change ASAP.

What appeals to me about them is that they also make small padded inserts that Velcro in on one side and can be positioned to fill gaps around the body as needed.

Just curious, but what is the overall length of the KoAloha?

Roadrunner Avenue RR1SUKE gig bag should do it. The internal dimension listed is 23.30", I just measured two of my SS ukes and they are both just under 23". I have the concert model and it fits a super concert, these are a good quality bag, not some thin little cheap thing. Checked ebay and they sell for $45.00.

Last edited:
Fremont/Steady soprano gig bags are nice and fit the LN soprano I briefly owned.

Thanks everyone. I think frianm has what I need. A spare KoAloha LN soprano padded gig bag.

Top Bottom