Anyone else have TAS?

OH, yes, I am highly addicted to tablature!
That's 90% of my learning.
And yes, I think wearing my Daisy Dukes makes it sound better. At least the guys don't notice my mistakes as much....

Last edited:
OH, yes, I am highly addicted to tablature!
That's 90% of my learning.
And yes, I think wearing my Daisy Dukes makes it sound better. At least the guys don't notice my mistakes as much....

;) LOL. Especially when your hair is also blowing around like a wind sock.

Hmm, that might be a good strategy. I tend to download way more than I learn to play too. Although I seem to download a lot of tabs that I find out I can't get the hang of or don't like the arrangement. I've slowed down a bit, having learned my lesson in the past with free Kindle books.

I've often said that many of the free Kindle books were way overpriced. :)

I download way more tabs than I can tackle at any given time. But, I always figure that if I don't grab them now, they might be gone or I'll forget where they were later.
And, as you said, sometimes it's a song you think you want to learn, but in the end don't like the arrangement or it just doesn't work for you.
Better to have too many tabs than not enough.

Last edited:
If anyone is in the mood to fall into a musical rabbit hole and have large chunks of their time disappear, here's a list of some of the websites where I have found ukulele tabs, with and without music notation. (Sometimes the tabs are masquerading as guitar music, but many of them fit quite well on a uke.). Some of the links contain additional links to more music. Have fun!
Jan D

Thanks for that. I sometimes have trouble finding things to keep me busy, and I have to get up and clean the house, or something. This will be a good excuse to stay at the computer. : )

TAS? Nah, I don't have TAS. Then I look at the bookshelf and see seven song books I've purchased over time, a three inch binder and three one inch binders of downloaded tabs. Nah, I don't have TAS.

This thread should be a sticky...

I was intrigued by tab after playing uke for a while and started searching out and collecting tab. But I really got into it when I started playing mandolin, where playing the melody line was more the emphasis than strumming. It can be a bit of a rabbit hole, but now I only fiddle with tab hunting and tab writing when my hands are too tired to play anymore. I also found that I’m liking standard notation, as it is good for both instruments.
Tab/s.n. writing is the biggest time sucker but its fun and useful. I love Tefpad. You can write your own tab, copy tab, convert s.n. to tab, or view both, and include rhythm and melody (multiple instrument lines) but the coolest part is that when you are done, you can save as pdf or you can hit “play along” with your tab and practice. Like karaoke, you can mute or lower volume on whatever parts you want to and slow it down to the speed you need to learn. It’s addictive. I try to limit how much I use it for writing and balance it with more TEF practice.

TAS? Nah, I don't have TAS. Then I look at the bookshelf and see seven song books I've purchased over time, a three inch binder and three one inch binders of downloaded tabs. Nah, I don't have TAS.

I have 25 lb of music in a small suitcase. I used to haul it to each Wednesday night meeting until I put everything on my Kindle. What a relief.

As for books, I have over two dozen instructional books sitting on a shelf. They are in like-new condition. I figure buying the book is the first step, right? :D

I've got a milkcrate-sized file box full of tab printouts and books and a good start on a second box. I also have a great number of those tabs as PDFs stored on my iPad in the ForScore app. Sometimes I prefer working from paper vs. staring at a screen, so there's a lot of duplication.

Thanks for that. I sometimes have trouble finding things to keep me busy, and I have to get up and clean the house, or something. This will be a good excuse to stay at the computer. : )

Any day you don't have to clean the house is a good day. :)
Jan D

Hi, prb035!

I would greatly appreciate recommendations for finger style tabs that would suit a beginner :D I have been busy amassing a nice little collection of tabs, but most are still a bit beyond my basic skill set :D

Guitar pro tabs and Power tabs are very easy to play for beginners. It is like illumination guitar. We can see where we fret and sound at once.

There are many shared guitar pro tabs and power tabs of guitar in the internet. I haven't see it yet about ukulele but worth to search. It is much easier than pdf or youtube lessons, because we don't need to read or we don't need to count rhythm.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Music seems to accumulate on its own, so I don't go out of my way to collect it. I suggest you get a Kindle or iPad and put all your music on that. I used to haul a 25 lb suitcase on wheels to our weekly uke jam. Then I got a Kindle.

Top Bottom