Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 378 "Banned by the Beeb"

Default Season 378 "Banned by the Beeb"

Please watch the video for the details.

And now, here are all the details that I forgot to mention in the video (i.e. most of them):

- Usual start and finish times
    - Ukulele as main instrument, although other instruments as backing tracks are welcome
    - No more than one song a day
    - Collabs are welcome, as are originals
    - There will be two or three (small) prizes, drawn from my favourite entries
    - Oh, yes ... and please try to find the time to listen to and comment on other people's videos.

USEFUL LINKS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ned_by_the_BBC

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/banned.html

It would be interesting if you could enlighten us as to why your chosen song was banned by the Beeb, if the details are available ... as I said, some of the reasons are distinctly odd!

I will put up the Playlist as soon as the entries start coming in and attempt to keep it as up-to-date as possible. It may take a little longer to comment on your videos (which I'll do on YouTube) as I am trying to limit the amount of time I spend online. So, all my listens and comments will be confined to (my) anti-social early morning hours (unrestricted Internet use!), or when I have driven far enough down our hill to get a signal on my phone. Grrrr!!!!

Meanwhile, don't forget that Del's splendidly apologetic Season has over a day to run ... so, still plenty of time to tell him how sorry you are. SORRY, Del ... yes, honestly!

And the Playlist should be here ... I think!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Rw...w_ZRji93WtdhEt

Last edited by LimousinLil; 05-12-2019 at 12:00 AM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

​"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Ooooooh boy Val you're getting some Sex Pistols in the morning Val you lucky lady
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Ooooooh boy Val you're getting some Sex Pistols in the morning Val you lucky lady
    ​oooh!!!!!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

​"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

It’s gonna be an interesting week! Love your video Val - the ending was fabulous!

Cool theme Val. Hope to take part at some point. Getting withdrawal symptoms not having been able to do anything for Del’s season

I can guarantee that whatever I do....it won’t be So What? by the Anti-Nowhere League
    Last edited by One Man And His Uke; 05-11-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Wonderful intro vid Val but I'm afraid we're going to have to ban it.
    I was pleasantly surprised by what was on the lists, more to choose from than I imagined, hope I get time to have a go at something.
    I like your titfer.

I agree with Graham..wonderful intro and titfer Val.
    That said I'm called for an immediate ban on cockney slang Graham me old china.
    Graham is the reason we never see your noggin on screen is because you have an ill fitting syrup of figs on your loaf of bread??!!

great theme! fantastic intro vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lynda

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh do we not sail on the ship of fools?
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh why is life so precious and so cruel?

Damn, this is one long list. covers a lot of songs here. That's much to go through.

Very original idea for a season Val. On the originals, is there any limitation thematically? Thanks for hosting ~

Thread Information