Season 378 "Banned by the Beeb"

LimousinLil

Reaction score

Please watch the video for the details.

And now, here are all the details that I forgot to mention in the video (i.e. most of them):

- Usual start and finish times
- Ukulele as main instrument, although other instruments as backing tracks are welcome
- No more than one song a day
- Collabs are welcome, as are originals
- There will be two or three (small) prizes, drawn from my favourite entries
- Oh, yes ... and please try to find the time to listen to and comment on other people's videos.

USEFUL LINKS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_banned_by_the_BBC

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/banned.html

It would be interesting if you could enlighten us as to why your chosen song was banned by the Beeb, if the details are available ... as I said, some of the reasons are distinctly odd!

I will put up the Playlist as soon as the entries start coming in and attempt to keep it as up-to-date as possible. It may take a little longer to comment on your videos (which I'll do on YouTube) as I am trying to limit the amount of time I spend online. So, all my listens and comments will be confined to (my) anti-social early morning hours (unrestricted Internet use!), or when I have driven far enough down our hill to get a signal on my phone. Grrrr!!!!

Meanwhile, don't forget that Del's splendidly apologetic Season has over a day to run ... so, still plenty of time to tell him how sorry you are. SORRY, Del ... yes, honestly!

And the Playlist should be here ... I think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RwyzAekmM&list=PLHFDjTj2zZYyPFTgzKOw_ZRji93WtdhEt

Last edited:
Ooooooh boy Val you're getting some Sex Pistols in the morning Val you lucky lady

Cool theme Val. Hope to take part at some point. Getting withdrawal symptoms not having been able to do anything for Del’s season :(

I can guarantee that whatever I do....it won’t be So What? by the Anti-Nowhere League :p

Last edited:
Wonderful intro vid Val but I'm afraid we're going to have to ban it.
I was pleasantly surprised by what was on the lists, more to choose from than I imagined, hope I get time to have a go at something.
I like your titfer.

I agree with Graham..wonderful intro and titfer Val.
That said I'm called for an immediate ban on cockney slang Graham me old china.
Graham is the reason we never see your noggin on screen is because you have an ill fitting syrup of figs on your loaf of bread??!!

Very original idea for a season Val. On the originals, is there any limitation thematically? Thanks for hosting ~

Nice one Val, there's one I've been wanting to try out on my 'lil soprano that fits this theme perfectly. By the way I've actually banned the BBC and cancelled my license in protest of their own performance Lol

Very original idea for a season Val. On the originals, is there any limitation thematically? Thanks for hosting ~

Hi, Kev! In the intro vid, I asked for originals about anything which you feel should be banned, or, indeed, anything (anyone?) from which/whom you have been banned ... ahem!!! The choice is yours!

Hi, Kev! In the intro vid, I asked for originals about anything which you feel should be banned, or, indeed, anything (anyone?) from which/whom you have been banned ... ahem!!! The choice is yours!

Thanks for clarifying Val, I must have missed that part. Have some things in mind :)

Johnny Cash's fourth number one on the country chart. The song was banned by the BBC upon its 1958 release when the head of religious broadcasting objected to the lines "God gave me that girl to lean on, / Then he put me on my own. / Heaven help me be a man / And have the strength to stand alone." !!!! (Wikipedia)

As I said before .... ahem!!!!

don't be shy. folks want to know.
I have been banned from the UU before. twice no less -
notwithstanding, I moderated on the forum for nearly 3 years.
no-one is immune from the gavel when it comes down.
I was also banned from both the school and university choir on account
of the fact my hated choirmistress' opinion of my monotone, out of tone
disability to sing. neither have stopped me.
sometimes somethings just have to be said and/or sung.

I don't think I ever has as much fun as I do when I'm playing Sex Pistols on a uke.

Can t think why this was banned.

Top Bottom