Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic Fluke Instruments

Default Magic Fluke Instruments

Jim Beloff was at "Spring into Uke" in Voorheesville, NY yesterday, and he had his new koa Fluke concert. Beautiful! This one has a pickup, so he can plug into a sound system.

If you're in the market for a Magic Fluke instrument, don't forget eBay. Online stores buy in bulk and sell at lower prices than the main Fluke store. You're not cheating The Magic Fluke because they already sold the instrument, and the eBay dealer will buy a replacement after you buy from them. The savings can be significant. Of course, if a dealer doesn't have exactly what you want, you'll have to buy from the store.

Everyone should have at least one of these instruments.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I spent Saturday afternoon at the Magic Fluke facility. Bryan Tolentino was holding a workshop for about 25 ukulele enthusiasts. It was fun and interesting. Bryan played a couple of pieces at the end of the afternoon. He played one selection on one of the koa flukes that Jerry mentioned. I was surprised that Jim Bellof was not at Bryan's workshop but I guess he had already made plans to be at the Spring Into Uke event.
    Jim Bellof's sister and her husband are the owners of Magic Fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts56 View Post
    I spent Saturday afternoon at the Magic Fluke facility. Bryan Tolentino was holding a workshop for about 25 ukulele enthusiasts. It was fun and interesting. Bryan played a couple of pieces at the end of the afternoon. He played one selection on one of the koa flukes that Jerry mentioned. I was surprised that Jim Bellof was not at Bryan's workshop but I guess he had already made plans to be at the Spring Into Uke event.
    Jim's wife used to work in the movie industry. She created the white winged horse for TriStar Pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpTcSJDgJI
    Last edited by Jerryc41; 05-12-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Actually, I am pretty sure it was his wife Elizabeth who created the winged horse. She and Jim were both in the movie biz.

Yes, I agree, every uker should have at least one. Here's mine, my perfect travel companion.

20190512_090302.jpg
    John

Quote Originally Posted by fowl View Post
    Actually, I am pretty sure it was his wife Elizabeth who created the winged horse. She and Jim were both in the movie biz.
    Sorry about that. I corrected it.

I have walnut Fluke with laminate soundboard that has just gotten better sounding with age. Go anywhere Uke. I would like to try solid soundboard. And I wish the upgrade was cheaper. I’d like to see them standardize with better tuners like say the pending new tuners by Graphtech. They would seem to be the right cost for a big upgrade over the friction tuners. I immediately ordered pegheds for my tenor Fluke a month after it was mailed to me. Anyways cool company for sure. They get pricey in Canada with out exchange though.

Quote Originally Posted by fowl View Post
    Jim worked for Billboard Magazine for many years.
    Donaldson Kumalae-style soprano * Magic Fluke Timber Bass * Ohana CK450QEL * Ohana CK-65D * Ken Timms Soprano
    Moku MS-90S * Waterman * National Triolian Reso * Bugsgear Aqualele * Donaldson Concert
    Rosewood Vita Uke * Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke
    Fluke FireFly * Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele * Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22
    Kala KA-KTG-CT * Cordoba 20TM * 1950s Harmony soprano *1920s Stella banjo uke

Am I done?

...naw...

My YouTube Channel

DC85A656-A909-4E6D-A7E5-9F6AD508E6A0.jpg

I definitely agree that every Ukulele player should have at least one Magic Fluke instrument!

Scooter
    Tenor Koa Fluke (rosewood fretboard, Pegheds)
    Concert Tie-Dye Flea (rosewood fretboard, Lucy's tuners)
    Soprano Firefly (walnut fretboard, Pegheds)
    Late 40's Martin Style 1 soprano
    Concert Oscar Schmidt Mousekulele
    Tenor Mainland Mahogany Slothead
    Concert Eddy Finn Moon and Stars

"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a Ukulele."
    ~Linus Van Pelt~

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts56 View Post
    Ah I was there to interview Bryan but sadly couldn't stay for the workshop. I have to head back in the future to get Phyllis and Dale on the show. Hopefully I can catch Bryan's next tour through the area.
    -Abe (ah-bay)
    Teacher/musician/podcaster
    ukuleleabe.com
    Abe’s Ukulele Podcast

Thread Information