Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asturias super-concert; slotted headstock; cutaway; Bagges pickup + deluxe hardcase

Here's a link that I found, it's the original listing at HMS. The guys at HMS raved about this instrument when they saw it at NAMM https://www.theukulelesite.com/astur...-sc-10976.html
    Happy to be an Intermediate Newbie, Penny

Yes indeed, that is the very instrument. Pity they took down Corey’s sound sample - he can make any uke sound good but he really made this baby sing.

Quote Originally Posted by prb035 View Post
    Here's a link that I found, it's the original listing at HMS. The guys at HMS raved about this instrument when they saw it at NAMM https://www.theukulelesite.com/astur...-sc-10976.html

You can actually see the original sample on vimeo where they store most of their videos: https://player.vimeo.com/video/153474467
    UAS!!!
    1. Kamaka HB-2D Ohta San, 5.0
    2. Kanile'a Premium Super Soprano
    3. Pono MGBD Mango Bari Deluxe, 5.0
    4. Moon Bird Concert UC200E
    5. Pono ETSHC-PC Cedar/Macassar Tenor
    6. Kanile'a Custom Bari Spruce Top KSDLX
    7. Kala KA-SRT/MA, 5.0 P/U
    8. Ohana CK-470G Spruce/Rosewood 5.0
    9. Pono RC-(S)-PC Spruce/Rosewood, 5.0
    10. Firefly Banjo Uke
    11. Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor
    12. Kala KA-SRT-SC, For Sale/Trade
    13. Moon Bird Tenor UT200E ordered
    14. Loprinzi AM-C
    15. Pono Mango Concert PCM-E
    16. Koaloha Opio KTO-10S Tenor
    17. 2 DIY

Quote Originally Posted by shanmoon View Post
    You can actually see the original sample on vimeo where they store most of their videos: https://player.vimeo.com/video/153474467
    Ah, bless you shanmoon! Thanks so much. This is the actual uke I am selling.
    FYI It was originally strung in high G when Corey Fujimoto recorded this sound sample.
    For my sound sample I had restrung it in low-G - that's my preference - with Savarez tenor for the strings 1 & 2, a South Coast medium-gauge flat wound for the 3, and a Thomastik-Infeld CF30 chrome steel flat wound guitar string for the 4. Listening to Corey play it in high G reminds me how flexible this instrument can be - lighter and brighter like a concert or richer and mellower like a tenor, depending on the string choice. I'm impressed with how faithfully the LR Bagges 5.0 pickup that HMS installed reproduces the acoustics through an amp.

'Tis a lovely ukulele. You may want to think about posting an actual asking price. I believe it would be helpful to prospective buyers.

Default Asking price!

Quote Originally Posted by stevejfc View Post
    'Tis a lovely ukulele. You may want to think about posting an actual asking price. I believe it would be helpful to prospective buyers.
    Okay, thanks for the suggestion, stevejfc, as I said earlier in the thread I paid over US$2,000 for this in 2017.
    I have also been told the market for high-end ukes has "softened" and that this brand - regardless of its very high quality and excellent condition - is not well known outside Japan.
    Bearing all this in mind, it seems realistic to ask US$1,400.
    You'll be delighted to own such a fine uke at such a reasonable price.

I'm keen to sell this beauty (I just got married - expenses to cover!), so please if anyone who truly appreciates a great quality uke is lurking, please make an offer ASAP or forever hold your peace - then it's reluctantly off to eBay for me!
    Just reminding you:
    https://player.vimeo.com/video/153474467
    Asturias soundhole and cutaway.jpgasturias super concert.jpg

Hi folks, thanks for all the help and supportive comments and messages. Selling here makes for a far more pleasant and personal experience than elsewhere. Unfortunately it didn't work out this time so this excellent uke is now taking its chances on the big bad world of eBay. But I'm still downsizing so there will be more to come!
    Cheers for now.

Default Getting a solid offer

If still without a solid offer, perhaps buyers need to have a start point for what you reasonably want to get for the beautiful ukulele and go from there. Just my opinion based on scanning the site for years, but few if any sales (have purchased a couple, though). Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird1 View Post
    If still without a solid offer, perhaps buyers need to have a start point for what you reasonably want to get for the beautiful ukulele and go from there. Just my opinion based on scanning the site for years, but few if any sales (have purchased a couple, though). Good luck!
    Post #16 has asking price of $1400.

OP, you should edit your original post to show this price. Many looking at the first post will not read on without the price.

Thread Information