Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know of any reputable custom shops in Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyg View Post
    Really? A Martin style 0 only cost the same as one hours wages for a working man/woman?
    I don't believe that you have done the comparison properly. Still, if this is where your at then just buy a Makala Dolphin.
    If you value a ukulele so lowly then there is no point in asking for advice here.
    My budget for a well made ukulele with almost no binding and ornamentation is $250-500, and less from Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    My budget for a well made ukulele with almost no binding and ornamentation is $250-500, and less from Asia.
    Well your out of luck. Simple as that. The best you can do is to just play ukulele after ukulele in a big store until you find one that's acceptable to you. After you add shipping your not even going to buy a custom spec ukulele from Asia for that money.

Now. Have I bought hand made instruments from Asia for that money?
    Yes I have, yet they were whatever the seller was selling and rather hit and miss. Certainly not a custom specified instrument.
    Last edited by anthonyg; 05-19-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    I was going to pass on Vietnam only because it's a very humid country, and I didn't want to take a rick on woodwork from there.

Does Asada do custom makes?
    And Hawaii is dry????
    Kamaka (S) Gold Label, Bonanza (C) Cherry Oreo, Pono (T) mahogany, KoAloha (T), Kala (B) Cedar top/Mahog laminate.

Quote Originally Posted by BBegall View Post
    And Hawaii is dry????
    I never pictured Hawaii as a balmy, tropical kind of island, for some reason. Never been there. I was born in South-East Asia, but I grew up in Texas. Hot and humid.

Thread Information