Problem with Anuenue moon bird concert spruce top

Tzviatko

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought Anuenue moon bird concert. About two months later, on the solid spruce top there appeared dents at both ends of the bridge, which were clearly visible against the light. The finish is OK only the relief is sunk down. For now, the problem does not look serious. But I worry about whether it will not increase over time. Is there anyone who has ever happened to him? How can the problem be solved?

81359DA7-F095-4D1F-89B8-EB5CC319F142.jpg
0FF75171-D605-4357-A6CD-BFAD5C77706F.jpg

Last edited:
I would think the first step would be to contact the seller or the company. I cannot discern the issue from your photo. You might want to take more and better photos to document if any change is occurring. If stable, it is likely a nonissue.

I have had one ukulele like that and one of my classical guitars is like that. Sometimes one of the fan braces which are on the underside of the top are positioned there. Because of the downward force applied to the top from the strings through the bridge a depression can form there. I would show the pictures to the dealer and start a dialog so they are aware of it and you are protected. But that is not a "defect" in the strictest sense of the word.

I don't think there's much to worry about. The top is probably pretty thin, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Depressions like these next to the bridge will sometimes show up due to improper humidification, often too much. I'd rather see some deformation in the top than none at all which which often means the instrument is over built.

What about this? what would you call it? a break or tear, fatigue line? I've kept mine in a tightly controlled environment but have the waviness and this as well...
20190516_124714.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help, it's probably really over-humidation. I'll try to hold the instrument for a while in the case without a humidifier with 2-3 bags of silica gel and see the result. The problem is really not serious at all, but I was worried about seeing a problem in such a perfect and relatively expensive uke.

Good idea. I'd still let the manufacturer and seller know by sending pictures with a dated correspondence. That way 1) if they are familiar with what causes it they may recommend a different path, or 2) if a larger problem evolves, you've established that it started right after purchase and any warranty issue was established within any notification requirement.

Top Bottom