Song Help Request Help needed!

Nickie

Reaction score
I need song suggestions for July 4th.
We're playing to an older crowd, in an Assisted Living Facility that day, and they requested "Patriotic" songs for one hour.
Thanks for your help!

Maybe not suited for the audience group, but I’d consider The Times They Are A-Changin’ to be a somewhat patriotic song. May be a stretch since it is more of a protesty song, but what is more patriotic in the US than protesting the status quo?

God Bless America! The only song where an entire audience at a senior center or assisted living will stand up for. I love seeing the old vets backs get a little straighter and hands tightly by their side as they sing along to the song.
You're a Grand Old Flag is also a tear jerker for many.

Thanks,
Keith, Martin lover, Jarmo, Patrick, bobhost, Yoga Tom!
Keep em coming folks, we need about 20 songs!

And yes, protest songs are patriotic!

I think the themes for each branch of service would be good. From what you describe a lot of Vietnam vets and maybe Korea vets. Not sure about the Army guys buy the Marines will eat it up.

Thanks everyone, this will get us started nicely.
We also may include Homeward Bound, Get Together, Walk The Road, Blowin' In The Wind, Yankee Doodle Dandy, and maybe even SOTR.

I totally agree that a battle hymn was probably a poor choice for a national anthem. America The Beautiful may have inspired us to behave better. But I reckon we'll do them both. Some older folks won't understand leaving our "national anthem".

We're still looking, we need to fill an hour!

In this regard, I want to suggest you, you can make a popular song. Hearing that will make anyone's mind cool. If you need any more help you can say it again later. Thanks.

FYI- this thread old and the last post by Nickie (the OP) is from like 4 months ago. I wonder if the issue is even relevant now :)

Top Bottom