Swap meet ?

aremick

Reaction score
So I was thinking of adding a "swap meet" table at our Hop `N Uke Fest in July (https://www.facebook.com/events/303961890285117/). My thought was a table or 2 with a monitor where folks could drop off ukes (or other ukulele related items) with prices and cell phone numbers, so if someone saw something they liked they could text the owner/seller and negotiate a sale or exchange.

What do you all think of that idea?

Has anyone done something similar?

Interesting idea. The person at that booth carries a lot of responsibility and most likely two people would be needed. I once had three ukes I was selling and brought them to a uke fest rolling around in an old lady shopping cart and for sale sign, sold them all.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

So I was thinking of adding a "swap meet" table at our Hop `N Uke Fest in July (https://www.facebook.com/events/303961890285117/). My thought was a table or 2 with a monitor where folks could drop off ukes (or other ukulele related items) with prices and cell phone numbers, so if someone saw something they liked they could text the owner/seller and negotiate a sale or exchange.

I think that's a great idea as long as the booth is properly manned to safeguard the ukes.

Interesting idea. The person at that booth carries a lot of responsibility and most likely two people would be needed. I once had three ukes I was selling and brought them to a uke fest rolling around in an old lady shopping cart and for sale sign, sold them all.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Pretty smart.

Someone suggested that for a local one-day event we had here. One person brought an old banjo uke. It didn't sell, but it didn't get damaged either. Imagine bringing a valuable uke and having it sit at a table all day with people handling (and dropping) it. I'm overly cautious, and I prefer selling online or in person.

My problem would be having my cell phone number given out to strangers.

It's been raining so much here that I read the subject as "swamp" meet. :)

Seems like a good idea, but lots of logistic problems. Someone could probably figure out a way to do it that would keep the ukuleles safe, keep the buyers and sellers safe, (as Jan mentioned, giving out your cell phone to strangers could have problems.)

It could be a great way for people to try out a variety of ukuleles that they might not get a chance to play in person, and it would seem likely that some would sell.

Top Bottom