FS - Collings UC2 Concert - Reverse Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm flying out of Australia to visit a friend in Hawaii on Thursday 23rd May and I thought I'd take advantage of being in the USA to sell and ship the Collings UC2 Concert Uke that I was planning to sell soon. I can carry it on board to make sure it arrives on USA soil in the best of condition.

I bought this for my wife in the hope that she would like to play with my group but she is involved in other art forms (painting and fabric work) and has never played it.

I see this as an opportunity for both buyer and seller to save money as shipping from Australia to the USA is expensive but not so much from within the USA. Also no hassel with customs et al.

I though that a reverse auction would be a good way to sell this. Starting with the lowest price I would accept US$1275 + US$50 shipping(If shipping is less I will refund, if more, it will be on my dime). Tomorrow the price goes up US$50, the next day another US$50, etc.

Payment must be via PP family and friends and must reach my PP account by Wednesday May 22nd 23:59 (Australian Eastern Standard Time). That would be 09:59AM Wednesday in New York City.

The instrument is in perfect condition. Photos are attached. It even has the original warranty card and comes with the string sets as shown. The case is the original Collings deluxe custom hard case which is made by GWW (the people who make Ameritage cases and the custom cases for Hoffmann Lutherie).

Please note that I use a strap pin (hand made by Bob Colossi in Georgia) at the bottom of the Uke(see photo). It is not glued in but held in place by friction which makes it easier to put the Uke in the case and if you want to install a pickup, then it would be very easy to widen the hole to take the pickup jack.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers,

IMG_2128.jpg
IMG_2130 (1).jpg
IMG_2131.jpg
IMG_2134.jpg
IMG_2135.jpg

Last edited:
This is an amazing offer!! Some one please jump on this before I cave in and get it.
I reached out to Hollisdwyer but I remembered that I had just recently freed myself of all concert scale instruments (some really good ukes were sold with some painful feelings)
Sorry Hollisdwyer for change in mind..

Last edited:
This is an amazing offer!! Some one please jump on this before I cave in and get it.
I reached out to Hollisdwyer but I remembered that I had just recently freed myself of all concert scale instruments (some really good ukes were sold with some painful feelings)
Sorry Hollisdwyer for change in mind..

No worries kerneltime.

For any others that are interested, remember that this is a reverse auction. The price goes up to US$1325 + $50 shipping at 5:30PM Melbourne, Australia time Monday ( that’s 3:30 AM Monday New York City time).
Grab yourself a bit of Ukulele history. Collings Ukes are no longer being made since Bob Collings died two years ago.

Last edited:
For the people who have already contacted me (and you know who you are), I have answered your enquiries either via PM or email.

For any new potential buyers, todays price is US$1325 + US$50 = US$1375 net to my Paypal account. The sale must be completed by Wed 11:30AM New York City time (EST) as I will be starting my journey to Honolulu a few hours after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom