Tyde Concert with Ratio Tuners

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I got an email from HMS about Tyde ukes - absolutely beautiful. There is only one Tyde for sale on their site, but I noticed that it has Ratio tuners. This concert is beautiful, but not so much as others they have made.

Search for

The Ukulele Review 19.14 Tyler w TYDE MUSIC + Zoë & Tobias

and you will see a long video with several beautiful ukes.

I just listened to the sound samples, and it sounds great.
Interesting that they comment on the finish. I prefer tone over concerns that it might scratch easily. I just play at home, which doesn't completely protect the instrument, of course, but does limit some of the exposure that playing out and about might bring.

I always wish that they would list the nut width. Does anyone know?

It sure is pretty, and reminded me that I had a build design going with them that I never finalized!

Thanks for the nudge to throw more of my money away, Jerry. :rolleyes:

I own two TyDe ukuleles and I’ll probably own a third soon. I’m not a fan of Peghed tuners but they change them upon request.

here is the video with the Tyde Tenor..once you see the ukes on Vimeo they are available..contact HMS asap as many ukes sold before they get to the website...

https://vimeo.com/337064828

https://vimeo.com/337064859

So true Len, that is how I bought my I'iwi tenor. The Vimeo recording had been up for about one hour, I listened to it about 5 times and fell in love. It was redwood over walnut, I'd never seen an I'iwi with that wood combo before. I phoned Andrew he sent me pictures, I called him back with a credit card number. It never made the Ukuelesite for sale. A number of ukes get grabbed like that, as a matter of fact my Ko'olau was also purchased this way. That damn Vimeo channel is expensive.

The Tyde tenor and concert are both beauties in both looks and sound

So true Len, that is how I bought my I'iwi tenor. The Vimeo recording had been up for about one hour, I listened to it about 5 times and fell in love. It was redwood over walnut, I'd never seen an I'iwi with that wood combo before. I phoned Andrew he sent me pictures, I called him back with a credit card number. It never made the Ukuelesite for sale. A number of ukes get grabbed like that, as a matter of fact my Ko'olau was also purchased this way. That damn Vimeo channel is expensive.

Great Dave..Andrew and his close customers have been ordering the really nice hard to get ukes right off the Vimeo page for 4-5 years already...congrats on your purchases..and I am sure Andrew enjoys you as a loyal customer and nothing wrong with checking in on him and saying Hi..keep in personal contact and good things happen...:)

I got an email from HMS about Tyde ukes - absolutely beautiful. There is only one Tyde for sale on their site, but I noticed that it has Ratio tuners. This concert is beautiful, but not so much as others they have made.

Search for

The Ukulele Review 19.14 Tyler w TYDE MUSIC + Zoë & Tobias

and you will see a long video with several beautiful ukes.

Interestingly they have a video for a Tenor (which looks like it has a bigger lower bout) on their Vimeo account. But it's not posted on their HMS website.

Got a reply from Ty today; should have a concept to approve for that custom build in the near future!

Again, thanks for the reminder, Jerry. ;)

Interestingly they have a video for a Tenor (which looks like it has a bigger lower bout) on their Vimeo account. But it's not posted on their HMS website.

I am guessing it sold off the Vimeo video....see post #7 above

The Hawaii Ukulele Site has a video up on YouTube showing a magnificent tenor with a fabulous sound hole created by as they stated "Mother Nature." To see it is like a double Wow with all caps.

https://youtu.be/_7PDhg2VCR8

Top Bottom