Re-sharing but with a problem...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just posting this to remind us all of what we're missing because John is currently not posting anything new for us to enjoy.
I've been chatting to him and it seems the problem is that the UU site has 'blacklisted' him for some reason and this has been going on for weeks. I know that I myself have experienced the same on a couple of occasions, but when it happened to me it seemed to rectify itself within a couple of days or so.
John tells me he has spoken to a couple of the moderators about it but the problem remains. I have tried messaging moderator Ryan on John's behalf, but Ryan's inbox is too full and won't let me post to him. I have also tried one of the other moderators but have yet to receive a response. No doubt he's busy with other things as we all are at times.

So, enjoy John's video, and if anyone knows of a workaround to John's situation, or indeed if you're in contact with any of the moderators who may be able to assist, John would very much welcome your input as he's missing us all.

He should try this.
Get rid of any bookmarks that you usually use to access the site.
Do a brand new google search for the forum site and try to log in that way.
If you are able to log in maybe reset your pass word. If this works save that new link to your book marks.
Good luck!

He should try this.
Get rid of any bookmarks that you usually use to access the site.
Do a brand new google search for the forum site and try to log in that way.
If you are able to log in maybe reset your pass word. If this works save that new link to your book marks.
Good luck!

I have found that, in addition to the above, it also helps to first delete your device's history, cache data. Otherwise, your device will continue trying to access the site using a previously stored, but-now-corrupted, link. Good luck! Hope John is able to reconnect with the Forum soon.
Jan D

@s11lko

# I don’t know if this might help but this is at the bottom of Ryan’s posts:

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

# A while back the moderator Buddhuu posted a comment and locked a thread, at the same time he gave his own email address. He did say that he worked in IT and understood the dangers in giving out his address. If you want the address and struggle to find it then send me a pm.

Last edited:
Thanks troops. I'll pass all the above onto John. To answer the question, he can apparently SEE everything here, but can't post anything - no videos, no responses, no comments, no questions.
Let's hope some of your above suggestions help him. Thanks again.

To any of our great moderators who might get a chance to follow this thread and be trying to assist, an update. The following two messages are from John to me, and my response to him:

keonepax said:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for trying to help me. I could read your post about my UU problems, but as usual I couldn't reply. I did try to change my password, and then write a comment on that thread. I still was "forbidden" to post anything, but this time it said "dangerous network."

- John

It's really strange John, because when you responded to my post I received an email telling me you HAD, along with the usual word by word copy of what you'd written, but then when I looked at the thread following my post you were nowhere to be seen. I then got the personal message from you in my inbox on UU telling me UU wouldn't let you post - AFTER UU had emailed me telling me you had!!
You can obviously send private messages via the site, just not public posts on the forums.
I'll just outline all this on the thread in case anyone of the moderators gets a chance to read this and it might help them understand what the problem might be and give them the chance to fix it for you.

END X

Hi, John! I know you can see us.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for trying to help me. I could read your post about my UU problems, but as usual I couldn't reply. I did try to change my password, and then write a comment on that thread. I still was "forbidden" to post anything, but this time it said "dangerous network."

- John

Your browser might be very old version. This site may not be support TLS1.0 or TLS1.1. We may only use TLS1.2 supported browser. Try to update to the latest version of your browser.

Hi, Dave!

To any of our great moderators who might get a chance to follow this thread and be trying to assist, an update. The following two messages are from John to me, and my response to him:

buddhuu is very shy moderator. He is peeping but he only comes up when he wants to lock the threads. If we talk about him, he immediately comes up and interrupt the conversation and talks like this.

"As the OP's request, I lock this thread".

Last edited:
I too have been missing John's posts and wondering where he's at - hope it gets resolved soon!

I'm sure it will Laurence. It's just obviously frustrating for him in the meantime, but I'm sure he'll read your above comment and be pleased.

We need john back.....I hope he can get the problem resolved soon. Johns videos are the benchmark for us to aspire to!
Mike

We need john back.....I hope he can get the problem resolved soon. Johns videos are the benchmark for us to aspire to!
Mike

Indeed they are Mike. Many of you on here inspire me to keep playing, even though I know I'll never be as good, but John is definitely one of those 'inspirers'! UU needs him back.

John has to check these things first.
  1. use latest browser (TSL problem)
  2. check other PC at home
  3. use other PC outside home (in order to check ban IP)
Then it may be ban email address, which is the way of ban user in this board (vBulletin). Especially buddhuu should check ban partial email address. But if buddhuu is too shy to come up. John has to change his e-mail address or register other account with other e-mail address.

I lost some friends by buddhuu. Now we are missing John a lot.

Hey, I'm back! I just got an email from Rayan saying I've been "whitelisted." Thanks, Rayan, and thanks to Rick and Seeso who wrote back to me. And thanks to everybody who gave advice on this thread. Biggest thanks to Dave for this thread and trying to make my situation more public while I had no voice on UU. I really appreciate it!

Hey, I'm back! I just got an email from Rayan saying I've been "whitelisted." Thanks, Rayan, and thanks to Rick and Seeso who wrote back to me. And thanks to everybody who gave advice on this thread. Biggest thanks to Dave for this thread and trying to make my situation more public while I had no voice on UU. I really appreciate it!

You're welcome and welcome back John! I'd emailed Ryan to his personal email address yesterday and he obviously jumped right on it and got it sorted! Thank you Ryan, you're a gent!
Okay John mate, now get rewarding us all by STOPPING MUCKING ABOUT and getting one of your great videos on here ASAP. lol

Hi, welcome back John!

I wonder why this happened. We should investigate it, otherwise we have big security issue on this server right now. I also wonder if budduhuu's account has been taken over, or even blacklisted. He should not tell anyone his password. If his moderator account is still safe, he should change his moderator password on this server. He turned to 59 years old last week, he is enough old as understand this.

Congrats and welcome back John. And a big thanks to everyone who helped getting him "whitelisted".

There still seems to be a similar and intermittent but ongoing problem with the site which persists (I am currently experiencing it again with my post ‘When Your Mind’s Made Up’ in the Guitar Videos section), wherein:

1) Someone starts a thread

2) Someone else, responding to that post in the thread, gets told their response has failed

3) However, the initiator of the thread then receives an email from the site informing him/her said response has been made to the thread with a transcript of what had been said in it

4) When he/she then visits the thread there is no sign of that response

Is anyone else experiencing such a problem?

There still seems to be a similar and intermittent but ongoing problem with the site which persists (I am currently experiencing it again with my post ‘When Your Mind’s Made Up’ in the Guitar Videos section), wherein:

1) Someone starts a thread

2) Someone else, responding to that post in the thread, gets told their response has failed

3) However, the initiator of the thread then receives an email from the site informing him/her said response has been made to the thread with a transcript of what had been said in it

4) When he/she then visits the thread there is no sign of that response

Is anyone else experiencing such a problem?

Has this someone else been blacklisted? If so, 3) and 4) may be ok.

Top Bottom