WTB: "tide me over" soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
I have a special "travel" uke queued up but it will be 8 weeks or so before it is ready. I'd like something in the meantime that I can take in the car and work on stuff during afternoon outings with my son.

It doesn't have to be fancy but I want it to be well setup. I'm thinking along the lines of Ohana, Kala, Mainland, Flea, etc. Could be all laminate or even plastic I suppose, or solids are fine too as I won't be leaving it in the car.

I'd like to keep it around $100 but could go a little higher for a Flea.

Could also do this as a "rental" if you wanted to buy it back at the end of the summer with me paying shipping both ways.

Whatcha got?

I picked up a Flight TUS35 at Gryphon strings for $59 a few months ago. Laminate front, plastic sides, back, fretboard. Intonates well and plays easily. I was checking out an Ohta-san and bought the Flight instead

I picked up a Flight TUS35 at Gryphon strings for $59 a few months ago. Laminate front, plastic sides, back, fretboard. Intonates well and plays easily. I was checking out an Ohta-san and bought the Flight instead

+1 for the Flight TUS35. Great little ukes for the money. Available at Uke Republic.
Jan D

+1 for the Flight TUS35. Great little ukes for the money. Available at Uke Republic.
Jan D

FWIW- Uke Republic no longer lists these on the site. I sent an inquiry, but received no response.

You can usually get a good deal on a flea with some negotiation on reverb. Also when you go to sell the flea “if you do” you won’t lose much money. I will say even with the instruments that I do have, I have had the flea the longest. For me it is one that really grew on me. You certainly won’t have to worry about it not being setup properly.

You can usually get a good deal on a flea with some negotiation on reverb. Also when you go to sell the flea “if you do” you won’t lose much money. I will say even with the instruments that I do have, I have had the flea the longest. For me it is one that really grew on me. You certainly won’t have to worry about it not being setup properly.

Good call! There was one listed a week ago for $119+25 shipping. I offered a little less and was immediately accepted. Guess I should have offered lower. :rolleyes:

The Mahilele on Amazon is identical and has a wooden fretboard option-the one with the horse-for about $100.

I just re-homed my sweet Islander Acacia laminate AS-4 soprano over the weekend. It had been my go anywhere uke, but I didn’t dig the soprano scale. Someone in my uke group mentioned wanting a soprano to take on a canoe trip this summer. Perfect..... she loved it at first strum. She was worried about a soprano being too bright, but the Islanders have a nice mellow sound. I got mine from UR, so set up was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom