brace repair clamping

PetalumaRescuke

Reaction score
Thanks for the inspiration on this system. It is so much more effective to loop the string in and then out over the brace, a piece of small tubbing prevents the string from indenting the brace. I used a discarded slot head and some old small guitar machines, and a soft wood plate to protect the top. (Yes this one hardly needs it as it is very. rough.)
I'll use it again on the other side when the cracks are secured. I may even use this system to attach a cleat.View attachment 118173

Last edited:
I like it! Way to go!

John Colter.

That’s a neat idea and a good piece of kit.

I’m wondering whether one continuous string is used and if so how one end was threaded from the inside of the body to the outside?

Edit. Thank you for supplying the additional detail in #5 below.

Last edited:
For a brace it is one continuous string with a just short enough tube strung, to loop over the brace. I found that the easiest way to return the string to the top is to insert a pin in the other hole and check and remember the location. then shine a brighter light outside than the interior one-reflected off of the side works, and locate the shiny dot. With a forceps thread the string though to the outside. Pull tight and connect to machines. Check the inside and tighten up.
Next I'm going to use this system to install the bridge using 2 separate strings connected to a clamping bar or even a reversed other bridge, when making 2 or more identical bridges. The holes through the bridge, soundboard & bridge plate are left there to accommodate an under the saddle pickup if needed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom