Koaloha Longneck Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

meppmb

Reaction score
FS: Koaloha Longneck Soprano KSM-02

For sale: Beautiful Koaloha longneck soprano KSM-02, December 2009, super condition, no cracks, dents or repairs, 'better than weather' warranty.

Black hardshell case for a longneck included, price reduction of $725.00 or best offer plus shipping.

This is a really nice sounding uke with very pretty koa front, back and sides. More photos available.

Reason for selling to pay for a new acquisition. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I'm interested! Tried sending a PM but I'm not sure if it's working. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Just messaged you!

Last edited:
Hi from Alaska. I really want to try out the longneck soprano. Last month with the help of 3 UU's I picked up a soprano, concert, and tenor. The larger two have low G's which I'm loving to pieces. I'm wondering if the only advantage to the longneck is the extra range? Or is there a bonus extra sound quality to the longer strings? And do you use concert length? THANKS!

The advantages of a long neck soprano are the concert scale, giving more finger room, slightly better sustain usually, over that of a soprano scale, & quite suited to using with a low G.

(Usually you will use concert scale strings on them.)

The advantages of a long neck soprano are the concert scale, giving more finger room, slightly better sustain usually, over that of a soprano scale, & quite suited to using with a low G.

Thanks, croaky!

I'm going to pass on acquiring this or any long neck soprano until I've had a chance to change my standard KoAloha sop to low G Worth browns. I love the idea of the long neck versatility, but... part of me still wants a traditional soprano size.

I am a little confused. This is basically a concert neck on a soprano body?

In this case it also gives you 2 more frets clear of the body, which is nice if you play up the neck!

The execution is lovely! I have been building soprano ukes for travel, playing with how thin to make the body and still maintain reasonable sound - also how long of a scale length will still fit in a carry on bag (I like 340mm).
Of course, we each have a unique set of desires in our instruments. This one, for me, goes the opposite direction. Long neck coupled with the soprano body means that I can't pack it in a carry on and still don't have the sound that a larger uke would provide.
Vive la difference!

I recently played a Kamaka Soprano with long scale neck. I think this is a perfect solution for someone with large hands or thicker fingers. You get a Soprano sound with much more comfortable size of the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom