Koaloha Longneck Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I ought to hang on to this one and sell the Koaloha KCM-00 concert that I have. I prefer the concert size and don't think I need both. Wonder if there would be more interest in that? Any thoughts?

That may be true. I love the Koaloha concerts and ended up with a gorgeous tenor. I have a mahogany concert and like that very much. It is a great size. You may generate more interest if you allow trades.

That may be true. I love the Koaloha concerts and ended up with a gorgeous tenor. I have a mahogany concert and like that very much. It is a great size. You may generate more interest if you allow trades.

I did offer trades at one point but didn't had an offer of anything I was interested in. I would prefer to liquidate and not add to unless it's something really special. :eek:)

The advantages of a long neck soprano are the concert scale, giving more finger room, slightly better sustain usually, over that of a soprano scale, & quite suited to using with a low G.

(Usually you will use concert scale strings on them.)

What would cause the better sustain, I wonder.

I do think the added tension adds sustain and a little punchier sound.

I see you own one of these. Do you like it better than a concert size?

Early on in my uke adventure I came to the conclusion that I had to try soprano. The classic size! And after a fair bit of research I chose this one. It's definitely a keeper and brings me a lot of joy playing it- but I play the concert ukes more as they are a bit more versatile for my style of playing.

Early on in my uke adventure I came to the conclusion that I had to try soprano. The classic size! And after a fair bit of research I chose this one. It's definitely a keeper and brings me a lot of joy playing it- but I play the concert ukes more as they are a bit more versatile for my style of playing.

I acquired this early in my own uke adventure and had not found my preference on size. I came to realize that I preferred the tenor size so that is one reason for the sale of this beauty. Love that quote of George Harrison on your post, haha! :eek:)

FWIW, a suggestion would be start a new clean advertisement in the market place with the instruments for sale in the title. On a quick read, it is no longer clear, at least to me, what is for sale. Best of luck with your sale. You have lovely desirable ukuleles.

FWIW, a suggestion would be start a new clean advertisement in the market place with the instruments for sale in the title. On a quick read, it is no longer clear, at least to me, what is for sale. Best of luck with your sale. You have lovely desirable ukuleles.

Thanks so much for your input, I appreciate it!

A long-neck soprano was the very first KoAloha that I played in store and it got me hooked on the brand instantly. I was not able to afford the new price, so I am very shocked that this has been available for so long and no-one picked it up. The one I played was awesome! Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom