Putting on tool needed

Timbuck

Reaction score
I sanded down a couple of soprano soundboards..I normaly aim to get them .067"- .0625" 1/16" nominal ..but I sanded them too much down to .056" :wallbash:...I know if I still use them that the uke will sound more like a banjo :) and the top will flex too much.

Thick top/light bracing=thin top/heavier bracing, no? Or use them for backs, assuming you are building all-mahogany instruments. I don't understand your header, though.

use em for a smaller uke. Like a Sopranino maybe?

I would try gluing a layer of veneer to the non-show side and then sand it back so the total is within normal tolerance. Or glue the two thin soundboards together and do the same. I'm just an amateur hacker, though....

I would try gluing a layer of veneer to the non-show side and then sand it back so the total is within normal tolerance. Or glue the two thin soundboards together and do the same. I'm just an amateur hacker, though....
I snapped them both in half and threw them in the bin...Two hours later I had made another pair installed the rosettes and sanded them to the correct thickness..Sometimes it's quicker and better to re-do than fix. :)

I snapped them both in half and threw them in the bin...Two hours later I had made another pair installed the rosettes and sanded them to the correct thickness..Sometimes it's quicker and better to re-do than fix. :)

And thus your uncompromising commitment to quality lives on.

Top Bottom