Season 380: Songs about the Golden State.

I can't believe it is thursday, and noone did this song yet.

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair!

This is a song about returning to your sweet Northern California homestead after a long time out on the road, kicking back, and getting high out on the back porch.

Breakfast In America – “See the girls in California” :) Supertramp cover
Ukulele/vocal: Pavel Severov, violin: Olga Severova, guitar: Daniil Levin.

EVERYBODY WATCH THIS AND WATCH IT QUICK! IT WILL GET A COPYRIGHT STRIKE AND A TAKEDOWN FOR CERTAIN! (Mine did several seasons ago for the same song.) Maybe disguise the title right away? Rodger Hodgson and his team are ever vigilant to knock down any Supertramp covers and punishment comes swiftly.

EVERYBODY WATCH THIS AND WATCH IT QUICK! IT WILL GET A COPYRIGHT STRIKE AND A TAKEDOWN FOR CERTAIN! (Mine did several seasons ago for the same song.) Maybe disguise the title right away? Rodger Hodgson and his team are ever vigilant to knock down any Supertramp covers and punishment comes swiftly.
Thanks Yukio! Normally youtube's robocops reacts almost immediately. As far as they are still quiet - most probably we lost that bet :)
I have been warned about cover only one time - on Genesis's Dancing with The Moonlit Knight (http://youtu.be/7z1OvJcWwrw) two years ago. No restrictions, only warning. Funny thing is that year later I have published cover of that song again (http://youtu.be/ANbz12MBXWc) without any consequences :)
By the way - can you give a link to yours Breakfast In America? I have tried to find it on your channel, but looks like you have hidden it good :)

No. It was wiped out form Hendulele's songs about his school days (late 70's songs.) Gone with nothing but a strike against my account to show that it ever existed. It stayed up for a week or two before the strike, so I think there is someone out there that reports on covers, not a robot.

A little pop punk from the land where even our punk rock is pretty. I love that they added the the line about booze and drugs to be “edgy.”

When I published it, I got a message saying "This video is private" but the settings said it's public. I went to Studio and it said public so if you get problems PM me and let me know.
i've had that happen on my recent vids - when i first upload a vid to youtube i set it to unlisted, then i check it, then i make it public - but at the initial uploading/processing stage, i've had that "your vid is private, set it to public or unlisted to share it" message. i was like, hello, it is unlisted! once processing was finished and i went to my videos page, it was indeed showing as unlisted, and then as public when i changed the setting. at no point was it ever private, whatever youtube thought! a strange glitch

More Chili Peppers!
(Are all their songs about California?)

Well I have done the unspeakable - i did the colitas song....sung it cause no one else had done it, yet :) - well gave it my best shot... ( I assume it is an actual name of a hotel in California? - never researched it)

Well I have done the unspeakable - i did the colitas song....sung it cause no one else had done it, yet :) - well gave it my best shot... ( I assume it is an actual name of a hotel in California? - never researched it)

I always thought it was about addiction?
(IMHO, the best version of the song is the one Cat Empire did for Like a Version.)

This Season's playlist already has some fine versions of the song "California Dreamin'" (1965) by AlanDP and Pa. Mine is a just quick instrumental:

Here's some inspiration in the form of the Kink's Celluloid Heroes (Hollywood Boulevard).

Enjoy.

Top Bottom