Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Season 380: Songs about the Golden State.

Thanks for hosting this week Dave! An original take on Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" Joined here by Jon Duncan on guitar, harmonica and harmony vocals ~

SotU 380 - Otis Redding - Sitting on the Dock of the bay - Take # - oh, i lost count :-)

Here's a Jimmy C. Newman song from 1965, written by Tom T. Hall. This one has sort of a Hawaiian feel to me.

I found an appropriate song by the Raveonettes, so I had to try it. Has a 50s feel, which I think is true for many of their songs.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Quote Originally Posted by Mezcalero View Post
    Thanks for hosting this week Dave! An original take on Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" Joined here by Jon Duncan on guitar, harmonica and harmony vocals ~

Thank you so much. That means a lot.

Default Gold

Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

This is a Concrete Blonde song. I think this is the first time I've ever tuned my uke in fifths -- it's tuned EAEA.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Guy Clark's LA Freeway. I've done this one before, but not with these two friends joining me, so we gave it a go as it was the only one we had time to arrange for this configuration that fit this weeks theme. It's been a fun week with a lot of great videos coming in. Thanks again to Dave for hosting and for a great theme ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mezcalero View Post
    Guy Clark's LA Freeway. I've done this one before, but not with these two friends joining me, so we gave it a go as it was the only one we had time to arrange for this configuration that fit this weeks theme. It's been a fun week with a lot of great videos coming in. Thanks again to Dave for hosting and for a great theme ~

You're welcome. Always a pleasure listening to these people.

I don't think we've seen this one yet, but even if we have, I haven't done it. Another chance to play some Buck Owens.

Fantastic season!!
    Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Thread Information