Season 380: Songs about the Golden State.

Thanks for hosting this week Dave! An original take on Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" Joined here by Jon Duncan on guitar, harmonica and harmony vocals ~

SotU 380 - Otis Redding - Sitting on the Dock of the bay - Take # - oh, i lost count :)

Here's a Jimmy C. Newman song from 1965, written by Tom T. Hall. This one has sort of a Hawaiian feel to me.

I found an appropriate song by the Raveonettes, so I had to try it. Has a 50s feel, which I think is true for many of their songs.

This is a Concrete Blonde song. I think this is the first time I've ever tuned my uke in fifths -- it's tuned EAEA.

Guy Clark's LA Freeway. I've done this one before, but not with these two friends joining me, so we gave it a go as it was the only one we had time to arrange for this configuration that fit this weeks theme. It's been a fun week with a lot of great videos coming in. Thanks again to Dave for hosting and for a great theme ~

Guy Clark's LA Freeway. I've done this one before, but not with these two friends joining me, so we gave it a go as it was the only one we had time to arrange for this configuration that fit this weeks theme. It's been a fun week with a lot of great videos coming in. Thanks again to Dave for hosting and for a great theme ~

You're welcome. Always a pleasure listening to these people.

I don't think we've seen this one yet, but even if we have, I haven't done it. Another chance to play some Buck Owens.

Fantastic season!!

I wrote this song a while ago (and it’s on my upcoming EP!), but this seemed like a good season to revive it.

It's been too long since I've posted! It's great to be back for another collaboration with Meredith Harper (Black_ukulele). Despite us technically living in the same city, we've not managed to be in the same room all week. As such, we hope you enjoy our digital collaboration.

I want to thank all of you for participating in this week's theme and for all of your videos and the support you've given me. This was so wonderful of all of you to do this particular theme!

Last edited:
I want to thank all of you for participating in this week's theme and for all of your videos and the support you've given me. This was so wonderful of all of you to do this particular theme!

thank YOU for a great and inspiring theme!

and you still have a little more time yet! here is another homemade song for the season from me, inspired by one of my most favourite artists, david hockney, and his love of california...

"the sun (hockney in california)"

Joni Mitchell traveled to Europe in 1970 and she felt homesick. Luckily for us, she wrote this song about it.

I was born in San Francisco, California in 1972. My family moved away when I was a small toddler, so I have no memory of those days.

I moved back to San Francisco in 2008 for graduate school (math at SFSU). I wrote this song during my first few months back "home."

Thank you, Dave, for bringing me home this Season!

It's too close to bedtime for me. In the morning, I'll finish up in judging the last of the California videos. I promise to do that the moment I wake up. Thank you for understandin and good night, everyone that participated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom