Season 380: Songs about the Golden State.

that was lovely! i rushed to see it while it remains up! i really hope it doesn't get taken down! (comments still disabled, which is why i'm chatting about it here!)

Thanks Lynda, I thought I'd enabled comments yesterday but it's just dawned on me that if there's no playlist there's no link to the YT page because it's unlisted, I always upload my entries as unlisted.
I notice that Kevin has asked Dave about doing a playlist, if he does one then it'll be accessible. I hope he does one because I always watch entries via the YT playlist, it's so much easier than using this thread. What does moving like a parallelogram mean, is it a Marc lyric ?

Last edited:
Thanks Lynda, I enabled comments yesterday but it's just dawned on me that if there's no playlist there's no link to the YT page because it's unlisted, I always upload my entries as unlisted.
I notice that Kevin has asked Dave about doing a playlist, if he does one then it'll be accessible. I hope he does one because I always watch entries via the YT playlist, it's so much easier than using this thread. What does moving like a parallelogram mean, is it a Marc lyric ?

People should still be able to access it via the history section on YouTube provided they're signed into Google whilst browsing normally. That's how I access videos to add them to the playlist usually.

People should still be able to access it via the history section on YouTube provided they're signed into Google whilst browsing normally. That's how I access videos to add them to the playlist usually.

Thanks Ryan, I didn't know that, don't think I've ever used the history section.

Last edited:
I wish you'd have your video unlisted. This is a subtle and lovely performance you did.

Thanks very much, I was under the impression that I'd enabled comments yesterday but apparently I didn't do it properly. I've sorted it now, sorry.

Thanks Lynda, I thought I'd enabled comments yesterday but it's just dawned on me that if there's no playlist there's no link to the YT page because it's unlisted, I always upload my entries as unlisted.

Thanks very much, I was under the impression that I'd enabled comments yesterday but apparently I didn't do it properly. I've sorted it now, sorry.

yes, i went back for another listen just now and was able to comment! :rock:

moving like a parallelogram is actually a :rock: hawkwind :rock: lyric from their song "motorhead", we had some hot debate and chit chat about what it means in my hawkwind season, the consensus was no one really had a clue, alan dp had a good theory about it but er the super strong vice-like grip of my awesome mind can't remember now what it was :uhoh:

I took the sopranino challenge on this Jan & Dean classic. I also ran myself out of breath here trying to sing all the parts by myself...lol

Looking forward to your second hosting... and about my home state two... Uh... too...
cury.jpg

I've done this one before but it fits the week and I've loved the song since it was a single on the wireless. Before Jimmy Buffett was a Parrot Head he wrote and recorded this. Protip: Use a strap if you have one.

Here's an Eddy Raven song from 1981. I've always liked his stuff, it's real catchy. This is a true one taker. I figured out the notes I was gonna do on the intro, and turned on the recorder and let it fly, and kept the take.

To those here is the USA, I want to say "Happy Memorial Day" today.

Inspired by Jack Kerouac's 1962 novel Big Sur, I was pleasantly surprised to find this song about my favorite train today, written by Ben Gibbard (don't know who that is) and Jay Farrar (umm. Totally know who that is). STOKED...I really like trains and train songs, so here it is.
I have only heard it once and played it partially 6,942 times.

In the Beach Boys' Surfin' USA, the Golden State is mentioned, as well as some nice beach towns in it:

Top Bottom