Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "The Camera You Have with You"

I was fortunate to use a Leica (can’t remember the model) a couple years back on a road trip, and it is all I think about whenever the thought of buying a new camera comes up. It took beautiful photos of portraits and landscapes, was intuitive to use for a relative camera novice like me, and had a sleek and stylish vintage look despite being a powerful digital camera.

Of course, even their base models cost more than most K-brand ukes, and I thankfully don’t yet have CAS (camera acquisition syndrome)...key emphasis on yet.
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    Here's one of my son's shots. Pretty good for a phone camera, I think.

John Colter
    Nice one. ....
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    Um, yeah. There was no film in the camera. Luckily, I had given my cheapo point and shot camera to my brother and he had taken some shots . . .
    That happened at my wedding. My father-in-law couldn't understand how he was getting over forty shots out of a roll of 36. The film didn't get caught on the take-up reel. Fortunately, he wasn't the only one taking pictures.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

and I thankfully don’t yet have CAS (camera acquisition syndrome)...key emphasis on yet.
    I had it bad at one time, just like ukes, always gotta try the next one.....

(The quality of the optics is the deciding factor.)
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

John Colter
    That is a cool picture. There was a period of time, back before digital photography, where I thought I was going to do photography as a hobby. I bought a Nikon and some lenses. I took a couple of classes at the community college. But I found that no matter how good the camera, it was the eye behind it that counted most. I kept spending more and more money on cameras and lenses in the hopes that it was the equipment and not me. I gave it up after a while as a hobby. My son recently took all of the old equipment and started using it. Evidently film photography is coming back as some kind of throwback movement. Whatever, I'm glad he is getting some use from it.

By the way, I've seen some of Jerry's photographs and I would say that he has the eye for it.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Playing ukulele is a hobby. Photography is what I do for a living. I’m just excited to see both subjects in the same forum.

I always carry a wee Canon EOS SL1 with pancake lens in my messenger bag. It's always with me whether at work or play. Not the best camera I own but, yeah, I manage to take decent images with it. Not a fan of smartphones. They have stolen the souls of an entire generation. All around me are smartphone zombies mesmerized by their palm tech.

That is a good photo. Studying pays....like in ukulele playing.
    I have a box of digital Canons and lenses...going to the thrift shop ...all boxed up sitting by the front door for weeks..I don't use them anymore but it is hard to load them in the car. Ha!

John Colter

Strange as it may seem, the camera on my iPhone XR is better than any stand alone camera I’ve ever owned. Takes great pictures, 4K video, slow motion video, time lapse video... and it makes phone calls too!

Scooter
    Tenor Koa Fluke (rosewood fretboard, Pegheds)
    Concert Tie-Dye Flea (rosewood fretboard, Lucy's tuners)
    Soprano Firefly (walnut fretboard, Pegheds)
    Late 40's Martin Style 1 soprano
    Concert Oscar Schmidt Mousekulele
    Tenor Mainland Mahogany Slothead
    Concert Eddy Finn Moon and Stars

"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a Ukulele."
    ~Linus Van Pelt~

Probably not that great for shooting big wave surfing, birding and football...

Thread Information