Flight and Kmise the same???

uketanzon

Reaction score
I have a flight TUS50 travel poly back soprano, and absolutely love it. Its a home run!!! so much we bought a bunch for our kids uke group. We love them...

So I ventured and leaped to buy a better flight, the DUC 410 quilted ash for $ 150 bucks on an accepted offer on reverb...I have seen these go for over $200.

Hmmmmm
first...was not as pretty as the Stock photo which of course was beautiful. Mine, pretty monotone in color

pretty bright with little bass ,,,,maybe its the ashwood....but considerably nicer now with worth browns and low ...actually a quite pleasant sounding finger picker now...

So the quality of tuners the bridge, the fretboard, the aquila strings, the overall build look and feel, to me seemed like a KMISE concert that comes with Aquilas, with a
Flight logo on head stock and a little more bling....Maybe they are made in same factory?.. Just an observation, I have no evidence to support this theory,

Last edited:
Could be the DUC is made by Kmise (which I agree, are a great value), but I don't think the TUS is, as they are the same as the Mahileles sold at the Aquila site, as well as other places, and Kmise don't sell anything like them. It's possible/likely that Flight source their line from a number of vendors. What they do to add value so they can charge that price, I don't know.

No, they are not the same. I know the people behind Flight personally - not the same as Kmise. In fact they are not too keen on Kmise.

Top Bottom