Thread: NUD: Loprinzi AM-C

Default NUD: Loprinzi AM-C

As I was cruising the forums and impatiently waiting for a tenor uke to ship (currently in setup at HMS), I saw this little uke for sale, and it was less than an hour away from me. I'd been toying with the idea of getting a Mahogany Tenor or Concert, and figured I'd go take a look at it.I kind of felt like I needed a pick-me-up, as I lost a dog to old age two days ago.

As soon as I saw it, I loved it! Very nice flamey look for Mahogany, and I love the stripes down the headstock and neck (looks like maybe Maple?)

Its very loud, and very punchy! Currently strung with some kind of clear flurocarbons. Its almost too punchy for me on the highs, so I may swap in some worth browns I have sitting around just to see if it will mellow the highs just a little. All-in-all, happy with this little guy. It may replace my Ohana as my travel uke.

Photos below and a link to a raw soundscape file of me just plunking around on it a bit.

https://soundcloud.com/user-12258544...128-am/s-GSrmH

IMG-8028.jpg IMG-8029.jpg
    IMG-8030.jpg IMG-8031.jpg
    IMG-8032.jpg
    Last edited by shanmoon; 05-26-2019 at 06:08 AM.
    UAS!!!

Whoa! Wow! That is one beautiful hunk of mahogany. A LoPrinzi Baritone is on my want list

How lucky that it was so close! Congratulations, and condolences on the loss of your dog. I do the same thing (engage in a bit of retail ukulele therapy) when one of my beloved pets crosses the Rainbow Bridge.
    Kathryn

Sorry to hear about your dog. That's always so hard.

I have Worth browns on a hog concert LoPrinzi and think it sounds great! You got a great price on a ukulele that I hope you will enjoy a lot.

I have a maple Loprinzi concert and a cherry Sailor which is the brand made by Donna Loprinzi. Both have their own clear fluorocarbon Loprinzi strings on them. I am wondering if that is what you have on yours. I love them because I get great harmonics with them but maybe you want something a little lower sounding. I thought your uke sounded good. Good playing by the way. I love ukes made by the Loprinzi family. Great sound and comfortable. Enjoy your new baby.

Congratulations Shanmoon, that's a lovely little purchase! And sincere condolences on losing your pooch, it's such a sad time when we lose our beloved pets, they become such an integral part of the family.
    Happy just to be a Newbie, Penny

Sorry about your four legged bestie, Shanmoon. It does get better.
    YOU were smart to get yourself a Loprinzi.
    I expect to own one within a month. I know Donna and she is very passionate about her work, a perfectionist.
    LoPrinzi ukes, be they built by Augie, or Donna, are the most respected ukes around here.
    If yours is loud, it's a keeper, some aren't loud.
    Congrats!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Good thing I've got this one for that UAS fix! My tenor is delayed at HMS because Anuenue sent them the wrong pickups (pickups for basses instead of ukes!). I'm determined to get the Air-Air pickup (I have a concert with one and its awesome).... so my tenor is in limbo until they get more pickups! Argh!

Thread Information