NUD - Hawaiian Vacation Style

Wow -- totally awesome you got to jam with Corey and Kalei. And you sounded great! Congrats.

Awesome job! :D :shaka:

Is that the Haleiwa or Kaka'ako store where these guys hang out to sell their ukes?

Missed this question the first time around, but this was the Kaka’ako store. Kalei though was at the Haleiwa store.

Thanks everyone. Was a blast

No way... who were you lol

I was there the whole time I was sitting at Eli's setup area..i spoke with you for a few mins..did not know who you were until you were leaving when Corey mentioned your name.i told him I knew of you from the UU

Last edited:
Did those boys pay you for jamming with them?
Hope they asked for autograph ! :D
Glad you had a great time. I am surprised you came home with a Pono not one of the Hawaii built uke.
Too bad you didn’t get a pic with Len ( Hawaii 50)! Now you have to go back for another visit.
Thank you for sharing the video. That must be the highlight of your trip. Wish we were there too ( downupdave)

Last edited:
I was there the whole time I was sitting at Eli's setup area..i spoke with you for a few mins..did not know who you were until you were leaving when Corey mention your name.i told him I knew of you from the UU

Wow I had no idea! It was nice talking to you. I’ve seen you post on here for years. Hey if you’re over there again this week, let me know!

Did those boys pay you for jamming with them?
Hope they asked for autograph ! :D
Glad you had a great time. I am surprised you came home with a Pono not one of the Hawaii built uke.
Too bad you didn’t get a pic with Len ( Hawaii 50)! Now you have to go back for another visit.
Thank you for sharing the video. That must be the highlight of your trip. Wish we were there too ( downupdave)

I would have bought a Hawaiian uke, but I had just bought a Kanilea and my old Koaloha back in the past 6 months. The Pono means just as much because I got to play it with Corey and Kalei. Thanks for the kind words :)

I had to chuckle at the OP saying that going to HMS was the main thing he wanted to do while on Oahu. It just shows how crazy we can be about the ukulele.
I have some extended family, a husband and wife who are fanatics about golf. They spent two weeks on the Big Island and didn't take in any of the sights of the island. No trips to the volcano or the Parker Ranch etc. They stayed at the resort, played 18-27 holes a day and went to the spa!

Hahaha yeah, but to be fair I meant one of my main goals was to play a song with Corey!

Sooooooo I went back and got a tenor lol. They had a blemished Pono mahogany tenor for such a great price. I passed it up the first time but it was still there so I had to!

Keep rubbing it in...

JK, congratulations!

Top Bottom