WTB Ohana SK-30L (or other tenor neck soprano?)

jasonlovesjazz

Reaction score
Title probably says it all. I also have some potential trades. Let me know what you might want, cash or otherwise. Thanks!

Last edited:
Not able to help with a trade (I love mine and am fitting it with UPTs currently) but I’d reach out to Mim; she buys “B-stock” from Ohana to sell at a good markdown. That’s how I got mine.

Yeah, she doesn’t have any in stock at the moment. I’m kicking myself for not buying one of the BLEMs she had a month or two ago. I assume they’re an acquired taste, so maybe someone here will be able to let one go.

And funny, I already bought a set of PegHed UPTs recently here on UU for the same purpose. Let me know how it turns out! I have a KoAloha super concert that feels pretty head-heavy, so I’m expecting a similar issue.

Hope you find one, they're great ukes, bought mine a few years ago - it's become my 3rd main uke. :)

(1st = KoAloha acacia long neck concert - 2nd = Ohana mahogany long neck concert.)

Hope you find one, they're great ukes, bought mine a few years ago - it's become my 3rd main uke. :)

(1st = KoAloha acacia long neck concert - 2nd = Ohana mahogany long neck concert.)

Thanks! I’ve noticed you praising your stable of LN and XLN (extra long neck?!?) ukes. It helped reassure me that maybe I wasn’t crazy for wanting one. I think I read someone saying less positive things quite a while ago and that had always colored my thoughts because people don’t talk much about them.

You’re the perfect person to ask: Do you find the Ohana XLN soprano to be more or less head-heavy than the KoAloha LN concert?

I have the KoAloha LN soprano and KoAloha LN concert. I love the sound and feel on both. But KoAloha makes such a light instrument that the sealed geared tuners make the headstock feel heavy to me. PegHed brand UPTs are so light that I figured they’ll solve the issue for me. But I couldn’t bring myself to buy (and “deface”) a KoAloha XLN soprano without at least trying the significantly less expensive Ohana XLN soprano first.

Anyone know if they’ve ever made an Opio XLN soprano?

Top Bottom