WTB quality Tenor Uke in Washington State - on vacation from England

wroughtironron

Reaction score
I fly back to England on Friday 31st May, and would like to take a higher end Hawaiian/USA luthier made Tenor back with me.
Currently I'm in Spokane, but will travel to Olympia on wednesday for my final day or so here.I have a car so want to pick it up as opposed to shipping.
Will pay up to $800 for the right one- case required for flight back too
Thanks

I recommend that you visit "Dusty Strings" music in Seattle. They are in the Fremont district, which is a very nice neighborhood for locals and tourists for shopping, eating and sight-seeing. Their selection of Ukuleles includes Kamaka, Pono, Martin and many others. Be for-warned:You might be distracted by all the other stringed instruments available (Harps, banjos, dulcimers, guitars). Here is a link to their website: https://store.dustystrings.com/default.aspx

Dusty Strings does usually have some nice stuff. Their website often doesn’t have up to date inventory so calling or stopping in would be necessary.

And seattle.craigslist.org currently has a Mele 6 string and a vintage Martin, both in your price range.

Have fun & good luck!

Thanks for the advice ! :cool:

I have a 4 string Mele Tenor (Mahogany), but a 6 string would be interesting if nothing else comes up

Dusty Strings is cool. It is walkable distance to the Fremont Troll, which you want to check out if you’re right there

I sent them an email this afternoon, asking what pre-owned stock they had in (giving my price range) - no response as yet.

Top Bottom