Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Incoming new Moore Bettah!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Andrew, this was a bad situation for all involved I think. However, as you stated since the auction closed, the buyer won the item and played by the rules, so they should be awarded the item. I know others that wanted to bid are frustrated and disappointed, but I personally think you did the right thing here.

    Jim
    Current Ukuleles:
    2007 Martin Style 3K Soprano
    2009 Bean Sprout Banjolele
    2011 Martin Style 2K Soprano
    2017 Martin Style 3K Custom Tenor
    2018 Martin Style 3K Custom Concert
    2019 Martin Style 3K Custom Soprano
    2018 Martin Style 3 Centennial #2230085
    2018 Martin 1T IZ Tenor (#576)
    2018 Martin S1
    2018 Martin Konter Replica
    2018 Kamaka HP-1 Pineapple

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
    What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.
    I guess the best way forward is to beg Chuck to make more ukuleles....

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
    What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.
    Technology is fantastic when it works well, and can be a nightmare when it doesn't.
    Sorry that this was a mess, but we all know that you did your best, and sometimes things just happen.

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    I guess the best way forward is to beg Chuck to make more ukuleles....
    It would be great if the bidders could get first dibs on Chuck's ukuleles. Just my thoughts.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
    What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.
    Andrew, IDK what happened, but it sounds fishy.
    Sorry you had less than a great experience.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

    Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
    What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.
    I was one of the bidders but I get it Andrew. No harm, no foul and nobody died so no big deal.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Sparta, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
    What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.
    Andrew, If I was one of the unsuccessful bidders, I'd be disappointed, but would understand your position. As you say, the winner played by the rules. The others did as well, but circumstances made it impossible for them to place their bids. Your decision is probably the best one out of all your choices.

    I hope your IT people are able to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. It's a shame that you have to contend with this sort of thing, but it's a hazard of the times.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

    —Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    Look up Stephen Bradbury the famous Olympic Gold Medal winning skater.
    I like the fact that we have seen the artwork and discovered that there are places near Honolulu where humans and octopuses can interact has been a useful experience.
    While I just appreciate anything that gives us a chance to have Steve Bradbury references
    Soprano: Ohana SK-38 (Mahogany)
    Concert: Barron River (Curly Maple)
    Tenor: Pono PKT-2E (Koa) / Romero Creations Replica (Spruce/Acacia)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •