Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Incoming new Moore Bettah!

To be honest, I don’t want a 10k uke even if I could afford it. I cannot imagine the amount of fear that I will have that I could in any way, intentional or not, to put a tiny ding on it.

I would do so much extra stuff to keep the uke safe and likely be so ever careful when playing. Most probably I don’t even play it at all. Of course, different people differ strokes.
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Martin C1K Uke || Enya EUT-M6E
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

To me, a retired nurse, my Loprinzi might as well be a MB.
    IT already shows wear from strumming it (Not scratches) and I don't mind, really, it just has that "I've been played" look.
    As many UUers have stated here, I don't buy my ukes for looks, even though I like them to be pretty, I buy them to play the heck out of.
    If I was crazy rich enough to afford $10K ukes, they would probably look played before long. And I wouldn't mind.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    To me, a retired nurse, my Loprinzi might as well be a MB.
    IT already shows wear from strumming it (Not scratches) and I don't mind, really, it just has that "I've been played" look.
    As many UUers have stated here, I don't buy my ukes for looks, even though I like them to be pretty, I buy them to play the heck out of.
    If I was crazy rich enough to afford $10K ukes, they would probably look played before long. And I wouldn't mind.
    Agreed with you. A kamaka entry level would be my MB. I would play it like it’s a 50 bucks ukulele too.
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Martin C1K Uke || Enya EUT-M6E
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.

Andrew, this was a bad situation for all involved I think. However, as you stated since the auction closed, the buyer won the item and played by the rules, so they should be awarded the item. I know others that wanted to bid are frustrated and disappointed, but I personally think you did the right thing here.

Jim
    Current Ukuleles:
    2007 Martin Style 3K Soprano
    2009 Bean Sprout Banjolele
    2010 Martin Style 2K Soprano
    2014 Collings UC1
    2017 Martin Style 3K Custom Tenor
    2018 Martin Style 3K Custom Concert
    2018 Martin Style 3K Custom Soprano
    2018 Martin Style 3 Centennial #2230085
    2018 Martin 1T IZ Tenor (#576)
    2018 Martin S1
    2018 Martin Konter Replica
    2018 Kamaka HP-1 Pineapple

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
    What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.
    I guess the best way forward is to beg Chuck to make more ukuleles....

Technology is fantastic when it works well, and can be a nightmare when it doesn't.
    Sorry that this was a mess, but we all know that you did your best, and sometimes things just happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    I guess the best way forward is to beg Chuck to make more ukuleles....
    It would be great if the bidders could get first dibs on Chuck's ukuleles. Just my thoughts.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors

4 Sale: Pineapple - MP Cali, Tenor: Washburn, Luna Tattoo

Andrew, IDK what happened, but it sounds fishy.
    Sorry you had less than a great experience.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I was one of the bidders but I get it Andrew. No harm, no foul and nobody died so no big deal.

Thread Information