Incoming new Moore Bettah!

Andrew, this was a bad situation for all involved I think. However, as you stated since the auction closed, the buyer won the item and played by the rules, so they should be awarded the item. I know others that wanted to bid are frustrated and disappointed, but I personally think you did the right thing here.

Jim

What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.

I guess the best way forward is to beg Chuck to make more ukuleles....

What a mess. It wasn’t “fair” because people that wanted it were not able to bid. It was over by the time Corey got back to me that even he wasn’t able to bid for the customer. And right after that my server tells me they closed part of the extension 4 hours earlier. But with that said, I didn’t end the auction. It closed and someone won and they did everything by the rules. So I have to sell it to them and hope for forgiveness from others. I really do feel horrible. And I feel like this is TMI for UU but I opened the can of worms so I thought I should close it up.

Technology is fantastic when it works well, and can be a nightmare when it doesn't.
Sorry that this was a mess, but we all know that you did your best, and sometimes things just happen.

Andrew, IDK what happened, but it sounds fishy.
Sorry you had less than a great experience.

I was one of the bidders but I get it Andrew. No harm, no foul and nobody died so no big deal.

Andrew, If I was one of the unsuccessful bidders, I'd be disappointed, but would understand your position. As you say, the winner played by the rules. The others did as well, but circumstances made it impossible for them to place their bids. Your decision is probably the best one out of all your choices.

I hope your IT people are able to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. It's a shame that you have to contend with this sort of thing, but it's a hazard of the times.

Look up Stephen Bradbury the famous Olympic Gold Medal winning skater.
I like the fact that we have seen the artwork and discovered that there are places near Honolulu where humans and octopuses can interact has been a useful experience.

While I just appreciate anything that gives us a chance to have Steve Bradbury references :)

Top Bottom