Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shopping Every Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I one time bought a used leather jacket on ebay and when it showed up it reeked of smoke and every remedy I tried to rid it of the smell was to no avail. I could not keep it in the house or the garage it smelled so bad. I put it back on ebay at auction and described it as reeking of smoke and said that it would be a great jacket for any chain smoker who wanted to walk into a restaurant that did not allow smoking and make a statement. It went for twice what I paid for it. So you might be right.
    That's a riot.

There was an old car on eBay, and the girl's boyfriend made a very good video to sell it. It emotional, like a real car commercial. It attracted lots of attention, and bidding got up like half a million dollars. Ebay finally deleted the bids, assuming most were not serious, and they started from scratch. The final bid was more reasonable, but I forget the final price.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Just Russ View Post
    I check Reverb all the time.
    Ukulele Friend is another good site, but not for bargains. Shawn sells high end ukuleles at appropriate prices.

I use the "new posts" filter to view UU so I see the Marketplace posts every day. Most of them I scroll past without a second thought. It's easy 'cause I don't like tenors ;-)

Otherwise I don't shop much. I see enough advertisements every day already. I do have a few vendors bookmarked so I can visit their sites when I need to motivate myself to work on a client project.

Quote Originally Posted by acmespaceship View Post
    I use the "new posts" filter to view UU so I see the Marketplace posts every day. Most of them I scroll past without a second thought. It's easy 'cause I don't like tenors ;-)
    No tenors?

Tenors.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Interesting, with an interesting title: "Harmonia ukulele baritone/tenor absolutely craptastic don't even "watch" this listing." Is that supposed to be reverse psychology?
    Knowing Ted, (his store is about an hour away from my home), I'm pretty sure that is an accurate description. Plus the price would seem to back it up.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you donít begin to know until you begin to try to do.

óLou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

I'm questioning this, if some people just have too much money or if this forum is have an effect on their buying.
    Jerryc41, would you buy so much if you did not get any responses in here? If you just lived your live without this forum?

Myself I have just two working ukuleles, they are not some high end ones. I am not considering buying other ukes. So to me this forum does not have negative effect of making me buy stuff.

I don't even look at the Marketplace, 'cause I know anything interesting will be in the wrong country anyway.

But honestly, no I don't check it, not even when I am just cruising through the website, like now, not looking for anything in particular, just seeing what all you lot are chatting about.

I've got what I was looking for when I had UAS - don't need anything else now.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    I don't even look at the Marketplace, 'cause I know anything interesting will be in the wrong country anyway.

But honestly, no I don't check it, not even when I am just cruising through the website, like now, not looking for anything in particular, just seeing what all you lot are chatting about.

I've got what I was looking for when I had UAS - don't need anything else now.
    Haha yes, I might have been tempted a few times if I lived in "the lower 48". I've mostly been looking in the "What's New" section these days, so I see the Marketplace whether I like it or not.
    Glenn

I peek in to see the latest temptations now and then but Iím pretty well set for now. My UAS seems to be in remission at least, or maybe it has passed as have the other acquisition syndromes that have held me in their sway over the years. Iíve sold some off recently, and envision parting with at least two more in the near future: the bari and the Bruko.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

I look at the Marketplace and Reverb pretty much every day. I'm not really in the market for anything new right now, but that didn't stop me from ordering something over the weekend! I also check on what's new at Elderly Instruments, since they are local and I am always looking for an excuse to go strum their selection.

My UAS has slowed down a lot lately, but hasn't really gotten any cheaper. I buy less often, but buy much nicer instruments. It is just about time to put some of the instruments which are being ignored onto the Marketplace so that they can find suitable homes. I only have so much time in the day, and I keep coming back to the same few instruments...
    Ukes include (but are not limited to)
    • Blackbird Clara
    • Kamaka HF-2A (Koa Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (Acacia Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (Spruce Top Concert)

Thread Information