Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minor breakthrough

Well done yourself!
    All power and respect to you Concert,Tenor and Baritone players, but Soprano is what does it for me every time! (And my beautiful Sopranino!)

Where did you find the Amelie music? I'd like to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by EddiePlaysBass View Post
    Hi fellow uke-enthousiasts,

Yesterday I managed to play all the way through Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head. Probably not the hardest song out there (LOL) but for me this was a minor breakthrough. I can play through easier songs and themes but this one took me a while - the switch between chords and melody etc.

Next up is one or other arrangement of Autumn Leaves, and a Yann Thiersen tune (the Amélie Poulain theme song). It will take a while but I am motivated And no, I will not (yet) post audio or video - need to clean up my performances first!

What a good movie it was, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    Good deal, Eddie! "Raindrops" is a great and uplifting tune, too. I had the good fortune of playing/singing it just yesterday at an Alzheimer's care facility here in my home town. The folks seemed to get a kick out of it when I explained to them that this song came from the movie "Butch Cassisdy and The Sundance Kid", which I went to see on a "first date" when I was a junior in high school, and spent most of the movie trying to work up the nerve to hold my date's hand... oh, the innocent days!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    Where did you find the Amelie music? I'd like to try that.
    Hi, it starts with this video: https://youtu.be/g4fHBtjMdgI

French, but the music speaks for itself. I believe I wrote down the tab from the video.

Thread Information