Blue Frog Soprano #39 - Black Walnut Back and Sides, Spruce Top, Mahogany Neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogenes Blue

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Handmade Soprano #39. Black walnut back and sides with cherry binding; ebony fretboard and headplate bound in cherry; mahogany neck; bolted neck joint; rosewood bridge; bone nut and saddle; radiused top and back; Grover geared tuners; Mother of pearl markers, black side dots; hand rubbed oil finish. The ebony on this uke has dark spots, it's some kind of anomaly that happens in ebony from time to time. The black walnut was harvested locally and has a couple of pin knots and a couple of tiny worm holes... or beauty marks...

Edit: PRICE DROP: $400.00 INCLUDES SHIPPING

SOLD!

IMG_0021.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
What a beautiful instrument! Folks, I have a Blue Frog pineapple sopranino and absolutely love it. I can recommend Mr. Jones most highly.

Hi
Beautiful Ukulele. Does it have a radiussed fretboard?
Thanks

Holy moly, what a beauty!
Please show off the peghead and sides...
And neck profile! (Chunky? Slender?)
Do you do soundbites?

Wow, beautiful instrument!! And, what a great price for a handmade gem.

So good to see that Vic is making ukuleles again. People this is a steal!
My Blue Frog soprano is my all-time favorite. Not only is it gorgeous, but the sound and the playability is amazing. Mine is made of different wood and has a Beltone harp-like quality that never fails to put a smile on my face, and send reverberating tones throughout my body as I play it.

I know it's hard to part with your precious cash for an instrument that is not endorsed by someone considered to be an authority on this forum. I have owned at least a dozen ukuleles and have played many, many custom ukes. Vic is a master craftsman. He puts an inordinate amount of time and effort to create an instrument that truly sings. Not only that, he can't help but make beautiful instruments. This is an opportunity to own a handcrafted instrument, and support a longtime member of The UU community. I play my Blue Frog nearly every day. It has taken my playing and appreciation of the instrument to a new level. I didn't know Vic, or his skills when I took a chance and bought one. Through that process we exchanged several Communications and I found Vic to be very easy to deal with. Fair, honest, and a great sense of humor. Furthermore if you're worried about UAS, I can testify that I no longer flirt with Sopranos. No need to keep looking. But of course YMMV.

So good to see that Vic is making ukuleles again. People this is a steal!
My Blue Frog soprano is my all-time favorite. Not only is it gorgeous, but the sound and the playability is amazing. Mine is made of different wood and has a Beltone harp-like quality that never fails to put a smile on my face, and send reverberating tones throughout my body as I play it.

I know it's hard to part with your precious cash for an instrument that is not endorsed by someone considered to be an authority on this forum. I have owned at least a dozen ukuleles and have played many, many custom ukes. Vic is a master craftsman. He puts an inordinate amount of time and effort to create an instrument that truly sings. Not only that, he can't help but make beautiful instruments. This is an opportunity to own a handcrafted instrument, and support a longtime member of The UU community. I play my Blue Frog nearly every day. It has taken my playing and appreciation of the instrument to a new level. I didn't know Vic, or his skills when I took a chance and bought one. Through that process we exchanged several Communications and I found Vic to be very easy to deal with. Fair, honest, and a great sense of humor. Furthermore if you're worried about UAS, I can testify that I no longer flirt with Sopranos. No need to keep looking. But of course YMMV.

Wow! Such kind words! Thank you! I'm so glad you're still enjoying your Blue Frog. :)

Closeup photos of the pin knots and critter holes requested. They are only on the sides.

sop39c1.jpgsop39c2.jpgsop39c3.jpgsop39c4.jpgsop39c5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom