Photo Set - Electro Acoustic Ukulele

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
IMG_0315.jpg

Englemman Spruce top, Korina body machined from 34mm book matched piece, Englemann Spruce hand carved neck with blended heel, Rosewood fingerboard and bridge, passive pickup and matt cellulose finish

IMG_8956.jpg

Back view showing banded heel and generous 'comfort radius' to the edge

IMG_2078.jpgl

Bookmatch detail showing lovely salting - well not quite salting because these backs and oranges can be traced to a bug hole...

IMG_1018.jpg

Tornavuz style rosette and classic b/w purloin' to a faux tortoiseshell binding. You will also notice the elliptical figured MOP dots...

It sounds amazing acoustically given is only has 3/4 of the cavity available as an acoustic chamber which is just 28mm deep. I'll record a video to tomorrow for you printer2.

In the meantime if you follow this link to a photo back to it's origins you can read testimony from individuals who have the first prototypes.

Last edited:
I can attest that these thin line ukuleles sound great. I built one some years ago and was amazed at how good they sounded. Lacked a little bit of bass, but the projection was great. They sound best when blended with acoustic and electric sound. Not too much electric to let the acoustic sound come through. Really fills a room with a full, warm sound. This one had a Hawaii 5-0 pick-up (L.R. Baggs) which sounded very good.

thin uke 2.jpg thin uke.jpg

Top Bottom