• Play two sizes

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Play any size

Votes: 31 36.5%

• Total voters
Sopranos only.

John Colter.

Soprano and concert.
Tried tenor for multiple times and kept failing when comes to chord melody pieces.

Soprano size is my primary weapon of choice. Played on the concert for versatility training.

I voted two sizes - but I should qualify that - I play tenor & concert scale sized necks.

Long neck sopranos, concerts, long neck concerts, & tenors.

(I do have a couple of baris, but seldom play them.)

I play all of them, but soprano the least.

Possibly because my best soprano I a solid mahogany Favilla and lives in a case instead of being accessible.

Otherwise all of my ukuleles are laminates live on hooks near my sofa and are very handy.

When I want something guitary I play my big baritone, when I want ukey I play my soprano. I started on baritone.

Concert is the go to.

Soprano for quick easy play/ practice at work or in car.

Does a long neck concert count as a concert? If not then I only play one size.

I answered "Any", but I don't play Sopranissimo or Baritone. Just everything in between those. :p

I tend to the extremes and play my sopranos and baritone, with a lot of tenor in the mix. Also ubass, but I’m not sure it counts as a uke. Haven’t tried the sub-sopranos. Yet.

Mostly a tenor for fingerstyle, but a concert for strumming.

Primarily soprano. Like was said before, baritone if I want something guitary. Just sold my sopranino.

I thought I was odd for living on the extremes, but it's sounding more common than I expected.

Concert most, soprano second, tenor third.....baritone, like never. I have one, but I haven’t played it in months. My guitars get more play time than my baritone uke.

At one time I had a soprano, concert tenor and baritone. When I moved I kept the concert, but sold the others. I have since bot a soprano, tenor and other concerts. I have concluded that the tenor size is not for me, so I play the soprano daily and a concert.

I mostly play concert but have bought a few tenors in an attempt to move to that scale. I can play tenor okay, but prefer the comfortable size of concerts. Haven’t really given sopranos a fair shot but maybe will soon.

Last edited:
I'm a concert man. No reason other than the Goldilocks principle. But a few years ago I bought a nice solid top soprano just as a backup because I had a couple of things coming up and I kept worrying that something would happen to my concert and I wouldn't have time to get it replaced. I find now that when travelling I take the soprano to save space in my luggage and that I am playing it quite a bit more often. But I still reach for the concert most of the time.

Concert only now.
I tried tenor and soprano, but sold them. I have to go with what my fingers can do without pain.

After playing guitar for almost fifty years and trying a soprano, which was difficult for me to form chords, I went tenor cutaway and nothing else.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom