View Poll Results: What Size Do You Primarily Play?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play one size

25 29.41%
  • Play two sizes

29 34.12%
  • Play any size

31 36.47%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Size Do You Play?

Soprano all the way!
    If your uke is too loud, your neighbours are wrong.

I tend to the extremes and play my sopranos and baritone, with a lot of tenor in the mix. Also ubass, but I’m not sure it counts as a uke. Haven’t tried the sub-sopranos. Yet.

Mostly a tenor for fingerstyle, but a concert for strumming.

Primarily soprano. Like was said before, baritone if I want something guitary. Just sold my sopranino.

I thought I was odd for living on the extremes, but it's sounding more common than I expected.
    Glenn

Concert most, soprano second, tenor third.....baritone, like never. I have one, but I haven’t played it in months. My guitars get more play time than my baritone uke.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

At one time I had a soprano, concert tenor and baritone. When I moved I kept the concert, but sold the others. I have since bot a soprano, tenor and other concerts. I have concluded that the tenor size is not for me, so I play the soprano daily and a concert.
    LACole
    Laurie Ann Cole

Northern UK20 Concert Mahogany GCEA Aquila Lava
    Beaver Creek BCUKEFM-T Tenor Maple Flame gCEA D’addario Pro Arte
    Eddy Finn EF-Moon Concert Mahogany gCEA Aquila SuperNylgut
    Beaver Creek BCUKE-S Soprano Mahogany gCEA D’addario Black Nylon
    Ohana PKC-25G Concert Mahogany Pineapple gCEA Aquila

CPM CT-Q2 chromatic clip on tuner
    Snark SN-4 tuner

I mostly play concert but have bought a few tenors in an attempt to move to that scale. I can play tenor okay, but prefer the comfortable size of concerts. Haven’t really given sopranos a fair shot but maybe will soon.
    Last edited by technicalta; 05-29-2019 at 05:34 AM.

I'm a concert man. No reason other than the Goldilocks principle. But a few years ago I bought a nice solid top soprano just as a backup because I had a couple of things coming up and I kept worrying that something would happen to my concert and I wouldn't have time to get it replaced. I find now that when travelling I take the soprano to save space in my luggage and that I am playing it quite a bit more often. But I still reach for the concert most of the time.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Concert only now.
    I tried tenor and soprano, but sold them. I have to go with what my fingers can do without pain.

After playing guitar for almost fifty years and trying a soprano, which was difficult for me to form chords, I went tenor cutaway and nothing else.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thread Information