Which strap button?

Pleasure Paul

Reaction score
Hello collected wisdom,
do you know a model strap button which does not look too massive on a soprano uke?
Thanks

I like the small ebony or rosewood ones that LMI sells. Not as easy to install as the screw in ones but look better to my eye. If I'm putting one at the base of the neck I chuck it into a drill press and take off the taper with a file and cut it down to 1/2" or so shaft and glue it into a drilled neck hole.

I’m with Jim, the Iluak buttons are very nice. I have them on several of my ukes. Beautiful wood, no screws showing, optional nice inlay (abal. or mop). Easy self install w/ incl. tapping tool.

Thanks, great to hear these tips. It shows that there are strap-button watchers out there! Wood, Iluak, Gibson-style, felt. I like violin style endpins too, but I don't have the right tool.

Last edited:
Where to position the second button?

Some people only need one strap button, at the bottom end. But I like two, the other at the heel. Where do you prefer to postion the second one, at half depth into the cone, or at the base (level with the back). Does it make any difference?

Top Bottom