NUD: DaSilva James Hill

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I wasn't shopping for a uke, but Shawn sent me an email...

For a five-year old uke, it's in fantastic condition. Naturally, it sounds great. Now I'll be able to play like James Hill. I might not sound like him, but I'll be playing a similar instrument. :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Congratulations Jerry! Mike DaSilva ukes are pretty sweet. I’ve played a few of Mike’s ukes over the years and found them to be lightly built, very responsive, and with good volume.

Congratulations Jerry! Mike DaSilva ukes are pretty sweet. I’ve played a few of Mike’s ukes over the years and found them to be lightly built, very responsive, and with good volume.

I'll bring it tomorrow to play with my group in a nursing home - summertime songs.

I also have one in my collection, a slot head with custom fretboard inlays. I had the fingerboard redone with a radius to it and it is now KILLER!!
Ron

that's a beauty. It looks like cedar top with curly koa back and sides. Love the double rosette. How many are you up to now?

Wow, that sure looks great! Have a good time with it tomorrow. I see that DaSilva is located in Berkeley, just a few miles from me. I'll have to go over there and check them out.

Wow that’s super cool. Gonna have to look up a sound sample...

Very lovely, I've always wanted a DaSilva uke!

My James Hill DaSilva is one of my favorites. It is from the same wood set as James’ original instrument.
I got to play on stage with him many years back, matching ukuleles, it was a real experience.

Beautiful! Would love a sound sample.
That looks like a special ukulele.

that's a beauty. It looks like cedar top with curly koa back and sides. Love the double rosette. How many are you up to now?

The top is Adirondack spruce top, and the rest is koa. Uke #58 will arrive on Tuesday. I received this one from HI in two days, but the one from LA is taking seven days. I have four up for sale, so I hope someone buys them. Then I hope to pick out more I can bear to part with.

I think this is a pretty accurate display.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wYrpuZMPU6hFkgVi7

Last edited:
I have half a dozen up for sale, so I hope someone buys them. Then I hope to pick out more I can bear to part with.

Where are they listed?

Where are they listed?

Marketplace, Fleamarket, Reverb

Ohana CK-15BWE Black & White Ebony Concert - $225 plus shipping
Kamaka 100th Anniversary Soprano - $1,100.00 with Kamaka case, plus shipping
Koaloha Opio Spruce/Acacia Soprano - $399 with gig bag
Martin IZ Tenor - $1,250 plus shipping

Top Bottom