My ukulele themed paintings

AustinHing

Reaction score
Hi guys, I do digital painting in my free time when I’m not on my uke. So I have painted a couple of ukulele related paintings and thought I would share them here. If you like to see my other paintings, here’s my Instagram link:
https://www.instagram.com/sho79_art/?hl=en

F218bQ6l.jpg

kMMQttwl.jpg

I just looked at all your work........wow you are very talented with a fabulous eye and imagination. Very impressive and thank you for sharing.

I just looked at all your work........wow you are very talented with a fabulous eye and imagination. Very impressive and thank you for sharing.

Wow, that’s the nicest words anyone ever said about my stuff. Thanks for looking and I’m glad you like them!

The Magic Fluke Company have a June Anniversary special to celebrate being in business since 1999. The promotion offers the chance to put an image on the top of a Fluke or Flea for no additional cost. These amazing images would look great on a uke, maybe you could add a protocol for UU members to get your permission to use your images?

I would be humbled if anyone wants to put my paintings on their few hundreds dollars ukes. I could work something out for sure. Thanks for your suggestion.

You are an amazing artist. I can see so many of your works being used on video game cover, music CD cover etc
Glad to see a uke player with so much talent other than music ! Very inspiring and creative.
Please post more ukulele theme in your creation.

Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words! It’s mostly a past time hobby and I’m bad at keeping to a schedule based on my past freelance work experience. Definitely coming up with more ukulele paintings! :)

Ukezilla, King of the Ukuleles
ySCo8On.jpg

He got a massive UAS!

Couldn’t help not doing this one once I saw the poster.

Last edited:
My painting of Namakaokahai, the Hawaiian goddess of the sea

If you look at the small figure on the boat, he’s carrying an uke!

giG9tGo.jpg

You have an amazing imagination, and a hand to go with it!

Wow, Austin, these are absolutely fantastic! You're really talented, I really love how no matter how incredible the creature's you've drawn are, they never draw away too much attention from the ukulele that stays front and centre as the focus of the painting. Keep painting!
Thanks,
-AnonymousLou

Wow, Austin, these are absolutely fantastic! You're really talented, I really love how no matter how incredible the creature's you've drawn are, they never draw away too much attention from the ukulele that stays front and centre as the focus of the painting. Keep painting!
Thanks,
-AnonymousLou

Thanks for checking out the paintings! Very much appreciated your comments. Painting is part of my life and will never stop and ukulele is kind of taking center focus right now!

I am sending this link to a ukulele player, Katie Pierce, who wrote a lullaby for an HP Lovecraft monster. She writes a lot of very literary songs.

PS I think these are pretty cool paintings.

I am sending this link to a ukulele player, Katie Pierce, who wrote a lullaby for an HP Lovecraft monster. She writes a lot of very literary songs.

PS I think these are pretty cool paintings.

Thanks MartinLover, glad to be part of her musical creation if she is ever inspired by my paintings!

Not exactly ukulele as a center focused, but the ukulele is there.

bqvRMHrl.jpg

Very cool paintings Austin. Imaginative and well done.

Do you use acrylics or oils?

Or are these electronic creations using an app like Painter?

It seems to me that your work deserves more attention, you have talent, and I'm telling you this as an artist with experience. If you can, draw as much as possible to develop your talent, and maybe you can achieve heights. You have a very developed imagination. I like the characters you draw, the background, and so on. It's all very cool and fits together as it should. I haven't been drawing much lately. I'm more into claude monet reproductions, and I think your paintings inspired me to draw something apocalyptic.

Last edited:
1656680921272.png
You told me when you did this portrait of me that it would not be posted anywhere. I stood like a flamingo for many hours so you could capture my true essence.

Actually very good work. Great artistic ability. My wife is a very accomplished artist, so I know talent and hard work

Top Bottom