Forbidden errors have me about to give up on UU

Cat M

Reaction score
Will a VIP membership solve this?

error, message looks like spam, when I try to post a uke photo

error, too many attempts, when trying to post a brief reply to a miscellaneous thread. waiting 15-20 minutes between posts isn't enough

error, includes a contact, when trying to post a photo via photobucket

I would be willing to pay for a VIP membership if that would work. I don't enjoy wasting a lot of time here trying to participate in the community to no avail.

Seems like I have to wait an hour between unrelated posts in different subformus, and I can't reply promptly to people who are participating in a conversation with me.

That isn't normal. Something must be up. Hopefully an admin will see this and the problem can be addressed.

Someone mentioned in my NUD thread that he's had much better luck with imgur than photobucket, so I'll try that.

My plain text messages seem to be working again now.

Thank you.

Same thing happened to me several times and you merely have wait a few hours to get things working again. You did nothing wrong. It's their funky spam protection bot flying on autopilot. I've since found it's better to create the post and link your images afterwards in an edit, otherwise you get stuck in spam purgatory...

Same thing happened to me several times and you merely have wait a few hours to get things working again. You did nothing wrong. It's their funky spam protection bot flying on autopilot. I've since found it's better to create the post and link your images afterwards in an edit, otherwise you get stuck in spam purgatory...

I think that's what happened to me. I was able to add a photo via edit. Thanks for your help.

I'm a VIP member and it happens to me, more often lately than before.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I'm a VIP member and it happens to me, more often lately than before.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thanks for letting me know

I was getting errors, turns out I was trying to reply within a quote. You also have to reply with more than 10 letters.

I was getting errors, turns out I was trying to reply within a quote. You also have to reply with more than 10 letters.

You mean it won't let you quote anyone?

In my NUD post, it wouldn't let me post a link to a sound sample on sound cloud (after I went to the trouble to record one and post it to sound cloud). But another user located my link on sound cloud via my user name, and they were able to post a link to my sound sample.

However, the forum software would not let me reply to that post with a quote. It did let me reply without quoting.

Most forum software harkens back to the 1990s and I suspect this one is ancient with many patches. However, we're lucky to have this one. Most forums have died out—replaced by social media—so the motivation to create and update forum software is close to zero.

Top Bottom