Season 381 - Doctor Doctor Doctor

RAB11

Reaction score
Hi guys. Interrupting a badly-timed Date Night (I'm hosting AND it's the Champions League Final, COYS!) to quickly post the theme.

Very simple. I want songs about Doctors or the medical profession in general, however tenuous the link. You can also bring me songs by artists with Doctor, Doc or Dr in their stage name. (Caz bring me some Dre).

I've also decided to open a special side-playlist for people to commemorate the work of Leon Redbone who sadly passed recently. I know a lot of you are big fans of his and I'd like to know more about him.

One song per day for either category please.

DOCTOR PLAYLIST

LEON REDBONE TRIBUTES

Last edited:
Excellent theme Ryan, but I think I should point out, Dr Dre has no medical training that I know of and has never removed a burst appendix. Thought I needed to make that clear.

Hi guys. Interrupting a badly-timed Date Night (I'm hosting AND it's the Champions League Final, COYS!) to quickly post the theme.

Very simple. I want songs about Doctors or the medical profession in general, however tenuous the link. You can also bring me songs by artists with Doctor, Doc or Dr in their stage name. (Caz bring me some Dre).

I've also decided to open a special side-playlist for people to commemorate the work of Leon Redbone who sadly passed recently. I know a lot of you are big fans of his and I'd like to know more about him.

One song per day for either category please.

That is a very magnanimous and generous of you Ryan. I have just put a golden star next to your name
I think I have a few Leon songs that I can do. It is very nice and considerate of you to have this sub theme
within your season. Kudos to you mate, and thank for allowing us to play some tribute to Leon.

"About" doctors...

Does that just mean any song with the word doctor in the title or lyrics?

"About" doctors...

Does that just mean any song with the word doctor in the title or lyrics?

Anything that makes even a passing mention to doctors, nurses, surgeons, medicine, hospitals, (infirmaries!)

My role here is to give you guys a nudge, not enforce rules.

Anything that makes even a passing mention to doctors, nurses, surgeons, medicine, hospitals, (infirmaries!)

My role here is to give you guys a nudge, not enforce rules.

Love your attitude here Ryan ~

Great idea for the week, Ryan, and good to see that you are flexible on the theme. I am having trouble finding "doctor" songs, so have decided it might be easier to go for diseases ... what fun!!!!

Anything by the Cure is obviously fair game as well.

I will reserve a spot in my wrap up for the most gratuitous use of the Thornton Rule. Have at it.

Anything by the Cure is obviously fair game as well.

I will reserve a spot in my wrap up for the most gratuitous use of the Thornton Rule. Have at it.

For those who can't find a cure, what about placebo 🤣

Sneeze are an Australian duo who started out writing low-fi pop-punk tripped out short songs.
then they went all james brown and stuff...
Nic Dalton (Godstar, Lemonheads) and Tom Morgan (Smudge).
Kevin, me and Joo doing a version of their song 'doctor of love'.
thank you for the week Ryan.

They say that the Finns have only recently come out of the forest
and at every opportunity they go back into the forest. Apparently
they do it to relieve the stresses of modern life. Leon Redbone
has a song called So Relax which also espouses this ethic of taking
time out from the hurly burly of the world.

Good theme Ryan.And generous terms and conditions to boot.The doctor angle helped me tie this original song together. It had been hanging round in my head for a while.Cheers mate.
In open D tuning on Baritone. DF#AD.

Try love
When all else fails
Dr Bones wrote a script
For all of us
Whose wings are clipped
it read
Try love
When all else fails
Try love
When all else fails

So Big Rain cried
For Little Rain’s patch
Prodigal Dave came rollin’ back
To try love, to try love.

Try love,
When all else fails
Jonah played the dobro
For the blues singing whale
Seven seas from marge to marge
Skip James in the ocean
Blind Lemon in the stars

Stars above, stars above.

Try love
When the shadow is long
Waiting room is empty
Nurse bursts into song
It was a hard time on the killing floor
But that was then and long before
She found love, she found love.

Nurse Handy can you wipe my brow
I’m fevered cause I don’t know how
To find love, to find love.

Try love when all else fails
Try love when all else fails
Jonah played the dobro
For the blues lovin’ whale
Big Rain cried for Little rain’s patch
And Prodigal Dave came rollin’ back
To try love.

Here's one I recorded yesterday but forgot to put on the intro post for some reason. This is an example of how lenient I will be though.

Playlists are now live and linked on the first post.

Here's a Hank Williams Jr. song from 1987 I found, and it must be somewhat obscure. No lyrics online, was never on an album, just the B side of a 45. It's pretty funny though, so I tried it out.

Ahoy there.
School is finally over, everything is graded amd my final reports are all submitted. The past few weeks have been quite hectic and little time has been available.
I was trying out 'California Love' with Tupac and Dre during the week bit didn't quite manage it. Now that I have time then perhaps I can figure it out a bit better.
Sorry about last night's result. Spurs fought till the end and played the better game (I think).

Mate, such a good theme. I’m looking forward to trying a couple of things out!

I may give some Dr. Feelgood a try, but anyone like pa or CeeJay or Harry or anyone who plays the harp could do them much more justice. Wilko Johnson and Lee Brilleaux ... great stuff.

Top Bottom