WTB Kanile'a Bridge Pins with Abalone dots

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking for some ebony bridge pins with abalone dots to spruce up a nice Kanile'a I own. I found a set but they aren't Kanile'a and are just a bit to small. I can pull them out with my fingers, although since the holes are slotted, the strings stay intact. I'm just afraid I'll lose one some day. Any leads? Thanks, Rick

Hello all, I'm looking for some ebony bridge pins with abalone dots to spruce up a nice Kanile'a I own. I found a set but they aren't Kanile'a and are just a bit to small. I can pull them out with my fingers, although since the holes are slotted, the strings stay intact. I'm just afraid I'll lose one some day. Any leads? Thanks, Rick

Following. I think I know the one you’re talking about, and I can’t help but now want the same! ;)

Hi
Perhaps you can get the bridge pins directly from Kanile’a?

Wonder if you could use guitar pins...

Hi
Perhaps you can get the bridge pins directly from Kanile’a?

I did send off a note to Kanile'a. Will see what they say when they come in tomorrow. Actually, after looking at the uke I want them for, my 2019 Platinum Pineapple prototype (same as YogiTom's except his is the real production version) there is no abalone on it anywhere so mother of pearl would be better but best would be what I asked Kanile'a to make for me. Ebony pins with mango dots that would match the fret markers/rosette. Picky I know but if you're gonna ask, why not ask BIG! Thanks for all the input, those abalone pins mentioned are nice!

Wonder if you could use guitar pins...

I recondition guitars and ukes and have a bunch of nice bridge pins I've bought over the years. But sizes are all over the map with the peg part. Most were too thin believe it or not. I do have 1 set that are super close, fit in tight but not snug. I can pull them out with my fingers (so they might also fall out). The good news is Kanile'a notches the bridge and bridge plate so once the strings are tensioned, they stay intact even without the pins in. But I wouldn't want to do much strumming like that. I also use beads on the inside string ends at the knots on all my "through-bridge" string ukes. Always felt that a hard surface against the bridge plate vibrates better than the soft nylon knot.

I did send off a note to Kanile'a. Will see what they say when they come in tomorrow. Actually, after looking at the uke I want them for, my 2019 Platinum Pineapple prototype (same as YogiTom's except his is the real production version) there is no abalone on it anywhere so mother of pearl would be better but best would be what I asked Kanile'a to make for me. Ebony pins with mango dots that would match the fret markers/rosette. Picky I know but if you're gonna ask, why not ask BIG! Thanks for all the input, those abalone pins mentioned are nice!

I'm happy with the bridge pins on my Kanile'a but would love to get the black saddle and nut you have on the 2019 Pineapple.

I believe I use the Taylor guitar pins on mine. They don't fit perfectly, but you get 6 in the pack, and find the best 4 that wiggle in. Meaning, every once in a while, one of the pin will fall out based on humidity/temperature etc, but since I usually play from the comfort of home, I've come to live with it.

Maybe mention there are other Pineapple owners who would be interested...

It is funny, because I had literally the same thought after replying the other day: “it would be so cool to get matching curly mango dots...”

I’ll write to them myself, as this is definitely something I’d want for mine, too! Thanks for promoting the brainstorm, Rick!

Top Bottom