Thread: Anyone replaced an Eleuke pickup?

Question Anyone replaced an Eleuke pickup?

I've got an Eleuke that I play around the house for quiet. I don't often amp it up, moslty because the pickup is poor quality (too much C and E, as others have reported) but I find it quite playable.

Just wondered if there is an easy pickup replacement I could do, with minimum woodworking/soldering ?

Are we talking about a nylon strung instrument with an under saddle piezo pickup or is this a steel string instrument with magnetic pickups?

Some more details would help.

Sorry: thought Eleuke was well known. Maybe obsolete now, I guess, though I think they still make the Peanut.

Anyhow, fluorocarbon strung, under saddle piezo.

The pick-up may not be entirely at fault. If the underside of the saddle is not completely flat (as was the case with mine), the result will be unevenly sounding strings. I carefully sanded the saddle on fine emery paper on top of a glass plate (actually a hand mirror) to ensure flatness. It helped a lot, but that said, it still leaves a bit to be desired sound-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by StigW View Post
    Sorry: thought Eleuke was well known. Maybe obsolete now, I guess, though I think they still make the Peanut.

Anyhow, fluorocarbon strung, under saddle piezo.
    If you do a Google search for Eleuke you will find that they sell MANY models. Some with steel strings.
    Anyway I agree with jop. If its an under-saddle piezo then the first thing to do is to make sure the saddle is flat and putting even pressure on the piezo element.

Thread Information