Review: The Rebel “Double Crème” Concert LN

YogiTom

Reaction score
This should’ve been a NUD, but I was just starting out here and wasn’t versed in the protocol when we bought this, and this is technically not my uke (though I do end up playing it more).

An amazing build and, I think, value for what you get. Not a lot of bling, but the appointments are sharp and look great from a more modern esthetic.

There is one more wood style in their production series, “Tiramisu”, that features a solid mahogany body and maple neck. And while the customs they make are very cool, limited, and different, these production models are truly worth seeking out if you want something that sounds and feels like a made in Hawaii K-brand equivalent and, better yet, comes in under $1k.

Sadly these aren’t available with the same regularity as other brands, but I’ve purchased ours from Mim (this one) and HMS (my Cheesecake), and would imagine anyone here in the US could reach out to them to see about placing an order.

I’ll try to record a sample for my Cheesecake tomorrow while the baby naps. :p

Last edited:
Great review and video! Mim has one of these for sale right now and I’m seriously considering it. Looks like you have a huge haul coming in all at the same time very exciting. Not sure how you have the time to play them all with the baby! Barely have time to play while having a two year old.

Great review and video! Mim has one of these for sale right now and I’m seriously considering it. Looks like you have a huge haul coming in all at the same time very exciting. Not sure how you have the time to play them all with the baby! Barely have time to play while having a two year old.

Thanks! She isn’t mobile on her own yet, so she can’t run away when I’m playing for her. That, and she typically takes two pretty solid 1.5-2 hour naps during the day.

I make the time by sacrificing other tasks, like say weeding in the garden. Perhaps not a sustainable strategy, but my acquisitions have tapered off so I can spend more time playing and less time looking/buying. ;)

As for the uke, I’d go for it! They are really great, and I think worthy of anyone’s consideration. The problem will always be finding them.

And for those interested, there was a pretty sweet Rebel Particle tenor over on the Fleamarket marketplace last I checked. Super custom, one of a matched pair, at an unbeatable price. I was offered first dibs on it by the seller because of my love for this brand, but had to pass since I can’t justify another tenor atm!

Last edited:
Congrats on your new ukes, and thanks for the review.

Well funny you should mention the Particle tenor as I saw that listing as well and completely fell for it. It’ll be here by the end of the week. :D

Well funny you should mention the Particle tenor as I saw that listing as well and completely fell for it. It’ll be here by the end of the week. :D

Congrats! I was flabbergasted by the asking price, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit jealous. :p

Beautiful ukulele. Great review. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks! I feel pretty silly sometimes doing these, but happy to hear they are appreciated by someone! :)

I've been researching Rebels a bit and came across some of your posts and video reviews. Looking at your list of ukes, I don't see any Rebels. Do you still have the Double Creme or is that gone?

Top Bottom