ID-ing a Kamoa (500S?)

Kakashi64

Reaction score
I'm guessing on the model number, since it's part of the serial number line on the interior sticker. This is a used item, and I'm trying to figure it's potential worth.

Photos: Kamoa01.jpgKamoa02.jpg

Many thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

EDIT: Aaaaaand of course after I post this, I find a link to the Kamoa site that I somehow didn't find when I last was searching. It is indeed a Kamoa 500S. Seems like some folks found this model to be overpriced and not a great performer (albeit that was several years ago). Any opinions these days?

Last edited:
The 500 series is their custom line. To me, this looks like one with the “vintage red” finish. Here’s a link to the 500 series page: https://kamoaukuleles.myshopify.com/collections/500-series

That said, the stock photos in that link shows different tuning heads, so not sure if you’re looking at a truly older model or if the owner changed the dog ears for pegheads after market.

Hope that helps!

Btw, the figured patten on that maple back is something else; I thought the grain was running the wrong way for a second!

I have one and really like it. My second one as my cat knocked over the first and Sam at kamoa sold me anohter at a great price when we were back in Kuaii. Sam said that is why they made cat gut stings. LOL Sam and I are both cat lovers so it was just a joke. Sam is a great guy! I like the wide neck and the bling. Love the bell like chime of my concert.

Top Bottom