NUD: gold tone microbass

uku-q

Reaction score
I received a gold tone microbass last week (thanks Mike!). It looks and sounds great. Those chubby strings are going to take some getting used to! I was finally able try it out with my kids last night. They play jazz—sax and clarinet—and the bass got raves. It does the job and does it well, although I must admit that bass parts are a bit boring. The fun of playing together will make it worth it no doubt!

Enjoy!

Bass parts boring? You need to listen to less Sting and more Geddy Lee, Victor Wooten, Billy Sheehan, Michael League, Armin Metz, Jaco, Marcus Miller. :shaka:

Glad to have made it happen. I learned "Fly Me to the Moon" using the arrangement our group leader did. I find it challenging to keep up with the walking bass arrangement I made, especially with so many major and minor walk ups and walk downs.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Ha! Less Sting seems like solid advice for anyone.

Hahahaha! This is just *a* Billy Sheehan! I'm pretty sure I'm not quite as wild as *the* Billy Sheehan!

(Pretty wild, though...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom