Too Good To Be True Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberhonky

Reaction score
Ignore this account. Created a new one. Couldn't c
Found a great deal on a Kanilea K-1 (used once). The price with shipping is $550. The unit is in Switzlerland and I'm in the US.

What could be the deal with this? Excessive import fee? Complete scam?

Thanks!

Hmm, yeah, think more details are needed. Saying that, a new kanile'a k1 from the ukulele site is about $770 so this doesn't seem so outrageous for a used price. However, I do imagine you'd have import charges your side to take into consideration.

Could you provide a link or more details? I'm in Switzerland, so I might be able to assess credibility of that deal. The price sounds pretty good, depending on what size and wood grade it is.

Ok, the one on eBay is a Soprano with a natural finish (not gloss), no wood upgrade, and probably a couple years. This model was usually priced around $750 USD from US stores. I say "was" because newer models are different, with the new TRU-R bracing as well as Ebony fingerboard and bridge instead of Rosewood (another issue to think about when ordering this uke to ship to another country).

Ok, the one on eBay is a Soprano with a natural finish (not gloss), no wood upgrade, and probably a couple years. This model was usually priced around $750 USD from US stores. I say "was" because newer models are different, with the new TRU-R bracing as well as Ebony fingerboard and bridge instead of Rosewood (another issue to think about when ordering this uke to ship to another country).

Good advice above. I bought an older, 2001, used, but not played much, K-1 soprano from Elderly a few years ago for just over $400 shipped USA. Remember Kanile'a warranty does not transfer from original owner. Back when my soprano was made I think they retailed for no more than ~$600 new. So, depending upon age/condition this may or may not be a great deal.

Walk away.

It is far to expensive for a used instrument with so many unknowns.

Its easy to find on eBay if you look, unless I found another K1 for sale at US$500. At present it has 11 watchers. You can easily do your own research using the eBay tools to check out the seller, looks like he or she has had more than 400 transactions with 100% positive feedback.
The 11 watchers are all asking the same question and doing their homework while you are reading this. Do your own homework and ask the questions on eBay if you feel a need. But you can be assured that now maybe 100s of potential buyers are going to be looking at the item, and if it is a good deal, it wont last long. Looks like it would be around AU$850, total, delivered into Australia.

That is the one.

Could you provide a link or more details? I'm in Switzerland, so I might be able to assess credibility of that deal. The price sounds pretty good, depending on what size and wood grade it is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ukulele-Kanilea-K-1-Soprano-Natural-Finish/223525161211

Seller says it's new with a serial number t confirm the year built. I've been burnt n eBay before where the seller just didn't send the item. eBay isn't quick and doesn't always refund under their Buyer's Protection policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom